• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

silly question but..... ;)

tashaliza

:sign0163: Hi everyone, this is probably a silly question but i had to ask...... if your pct says that it complies with NICE guidelines and you forfil them, can they refuse you funding? i'm just worried because even though my bmi is 41% i dont have any co-morbidites and i worried they will just turn me down after they have made me jump through hoops. what do you think? thanks tasha xxx :wave_cry:

Hi my BMI is 57. My pct currently states you have to have a bmi above 40 and either sleep apnoea or diabetes. I don't have either of those but I have got non alcoholic fatty liver disease so the dr is hoping they will still give me the funding. Hope this is of some help.

Hi Tasha,
My own BMI is just over 40 I think it actualy may have gone up since I was last weighed it feels it :eek: .

I have done lots of diets brought over the counter pills that are ment to supress your appetite been to ww and sw, also currently taking Orlistat to assist weight lost, I don't think they are doing much, Infact my own endiocrene Dr said they won't help me alot seeing as I cannot excercise.

My Dr refered because my BMI being over 40 and because of my dissability, I had a spinal fusion and it failed so I find it extremly hard to get about especialy since my size has been increasing, I am on continuos morphine (I have a pump implanted in my stomach delivering morphine to my spine) also my endiocrene Dr said this surgery will be the only way I will lose any weight because I cannot excercise.
The consultant from the whittinton recently wrote to me saying due to my problems and my BMI I may fulfill NICE guidelies, so now I am just praying that I do fulfill them.
l also get sores in the creases where Im over weight; Im constantly putting cortisone cream on the affeted areas. I find it hard in the hiygene area due to my size and pain its hard to wash and dress..
I
I also hope that you will get some good news saying that you will get your surgery soon too :). I will keep everything crossed for you.
Hugs xx

Back