• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed pls someone :):):)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all as many of u know i have my second app at the whit on the 28th sept with Mr sufi.
I am down by around 20lbs from my referral weight but had planned to join SW after my funding goes in after my app.
My bmi was 62 :eek: and i do have co morbidities and my pct follow the Nice guidelines but have only started funding wls since 2007 and are know to be very fussy and not the easiest of pct`s to aggre to funding.
Well today i got my independence back as have been told i can drive now again as was told to not drive since the poss diagnosis of Apnea 6 weeks ago, and i thought i might just go back to a SW class tomorrow and start losing again.
What i am worried about is that if i go to see the consultant in 3 weeks time and say i have lost another stone to add to the 20lbs so its 34lbs less than the referral date will it go in my favour or against me.
I was told that they apply for ur funding with the weight u have been referred with but should i rely on that or should i wait and not lose any more weight till i have seen the consultant and my funding app has gone in in case it goes against me.
All advice would be truly appreciated :D:D:D:D:D thanks and take care luv Roch xxxx

Last edited:
I would think that any effort you are making will go in your favour...as the NHS usually refer folk to some kind of weight loss clinicy type malarky, you have taken the mantle and shown true grit & determination. If you want a load of SW or WW stuff electronically - give me a shout - one of the forums I used to host was a diet one and I had some files left on my server containing loads of recipes, points stuff etc etc.

The surgeon is not going to turn you down for the Op because you have made an effort and lost weight. It is a bonus for him....

Hi all as many of u know i have my second app at the whit on the 28th sept with Mr sufi.
I am down by around 20lbs from my referral weight but had planned to join SW after my funding goes in after my app.
My bmi was 62 :eek: and i do have co morbidities and my pct follow the Nice guidelines but have only started funding wls since 2007 and are know to be very fussy and not the easiest of pct`s to aggre to funding.
Well today i got my independence back as have been told i can drive now again as was told to not drive since the poss diagnosis of Apnea 6 weeks ago, and i thought i might just go back to a SW class tomorrow and start losing again.
What i am worried about is that if i go to see the consultant in 3 weeks time and say i have lost another stone to add to the 20lbs so its 34lbs less than the referral date will it go in my favour or against me.
I was told that they apply for ur funding with the weight u have been referred with but should i rely on that or should i wait and not lose any more weight till i have seen the consultant and my funding app has gone in in case it goes against me.
All advice would be truly appreciated :D:D:D:D:D thanks and take care luv Roch xxxx

Hi Roche

As you know I am no expert but, I would imagine if it was a requirement of the hospital that you lose some weight to facilitate your eventual operation...then this has to be taken on board of your PCT.

Check with your WLS team to make sure....

If only it were the same the country over we'd all know what we had to do....I am lucky (if I get surgery at all) in that funding is sorted after I have the surgery...it's kinda automatic funding if the surgeon thinks your health will improve with WLS....(I do think this is due to a pact between the 2 PCT's.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

I would think that any effort you are making will go in your favour...as the NHS usually refer folk to some kind of weight loss clinicy type malarky, you have taken the mantle and shown true grit & determination. If you want a load of SW or WW stuff electronically - give me a shout - one of the forums I used to host was a diet one and I had some files left on my server containing loads of recipes, points stuff etc etc.

The surgeon is not going to turn you down for the Op because you have made an effort and lost weight. It is a bonus for him....

Thank you will def take u up on the offer, am just worried bout the funding issue more than what the consultant will say xx

Hi Roche

As you know I am no expert but, I would imagine if it was a requirement of the hospital that you lose some weight to facilitate your eventual operation...then this has to be taken on board of your PCT.

Check with your WLS team to make sure....

If only it were the same the country over we'd all know what we had to do....I am lucky (if I get surgery at all) in that funding is sorted after I have the surgery...it's kinda automatic funding if the surgeon thinks your health will improve with WLS....(I do think this is due to a pact between the 2 PCT's.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Hi Lainey hun how r ya feeling, i wish my pct were like that :cry::cry: well they used to ask u to lose weight b4 going on the waiting list but that does not happen any more, but am still worried what the pct will say if they will take the attitude she has lost 34lbs in 12 weeks she can do it on her own then maybe she does not need out funding and that is what i am worried about xxx

Hi Gaynor thanks hun for stopping by, its not the surgeon i am worried bout its the pct as mine are so difficult and have only been funding wls for 2 yrs and dont like to fund either.
Take care hun and have a good night xx

Hi roch my startin weight was 21 stone and i lost 2 stone befor seeing the consultant when he wrote to my dr asking him to apply for funding he put in the letter that went to the PCT something along the lines of "this patient has shown great committment to changing her eating pattern and lifes style prior to seing me and because of this i recommend that she has immidiate surgery. With a BMI<50 following nice guidelines it is her only option."

hth
carole

Hi roch my startin weight was 21 stone and i lost 2 stone befor seeing the consultant when he wrote to my dr asking him to apply for funding he put in the letter that went to the PCT something along the lines of "this patient has shown great committment to changing her eating pattern and lifes style prior to seing me and because of this i recommend that she has immidiate surgery. With a BMI<50 following nice guidelines it is her only option."

hth
carole

Hi Carole thanks for that hun that does make me thin diff now, hope u have a good day xxx

Well been thinking alot bout the situation last night, most of the night lol and have decided that i will carry on with my diet at home am on 1600 cals a day, i must be losing 2lbs a week so added to the 20lbs i am down from my referral weight i will be bout 2 stone down when i see the consultant then will go straight back to SW after that.
Thanks all that stopped take care and have a good day xxx

Back