• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Deeby's (Dawns) post-op food diary

deeby

Ive started this a little late i know but to be honest, for the first four weeks all i can say is S O U P !!!!!!

Anyway.......... now im on 'softs' i thought id write it down so i can look back and ponder :D

Friday 5th Nov 2010
ready brek ( 2tbsp) with skimmed milk and sweetner
2 x crispbread and low fat pate
3 x tbsp chill con carne ( crushed the beans)
options coconut hot choc
(plus coffee and water throughout the day)

Saturday 6th Nov 2010
(tried to have) : scrambled egg with little cheese and ham....... only had 2 tsp then was in really bad pain for a couple of hours resulting in being sick (rabid syndrome)
3 x crispbread with pate
coffee and water throughout the day

Sunday 7th Nov 2010
w/w lemon and lime yoghurt
atkins cappuccino and nut protein bar (yum yum)
2" piece salmon with low fat lemon and dill sauce with 3 roasted tomatos
coffee /water

Monday 8th Nov 2010

1/2 atkins choc/hazelnut protein bar (was ok ish)
chilli con carne (crushed the beans) 4 roasted tomatos
3 crispbreads with tuna and low fat mayo (yum yum)
other half of protein bar
coffee/water

Dawn you are not eating much!! Must admit I dont eat a lot but considerably more than you. What about adding snacks? The odd babybel cheese or some cottage cheese - just a couple of spoonsfull as snacks a few times a day? Have you worked out how many calories or how much protein you are taking in? It doesnt look like very much. Also a few nuts between meals chewed well go down fine and add to your protein and calories.

Mel xx

Dawn you are not eating much!! Must admit I dont eat a lot but considerably more than you. What about adding snacks? The odd babybel cheese or some cottage cheese - just a couple of spoonsfull as snacks a few times a day? Have you worked out how many calories or how much protein you are taking in? It doesnt look like very much. Also a few nuts between meals chewed well go down fine and add to your protein and calories.

Mel xx

hiya Mel
the funny thing is, yesterday i felt like id been a real pig :O lol, compared to what i used to eat its nothing !! i thought protein wise i did ok yesterday ? i will try to add some extras , good idea about the babybel and nuts , thanks for the advice :D i will try :S xxx

I always feel like I have eaten quite a lot but then when I write it down and actually think about the amount I have had it is not a lot at all!! Have you been told how much protein to aim for each day? I was told 80gm and believe me that is hard work!!

I always feel like I have eaten quite a lot but then when I write it down and actually think about the amount I have had it is not a lot at all!! Have you been told how much protein to aim for each day? I was told 80gm and believe me that is hard work!!
:O 80 g ??? bloody hell !! thats loads !! no, they havent told me anything about amounts at all !!
feel like im thumbling around in the dark to be honest lol, ill just have to do my best ! :D
xxx

Tuesday 9th Nov 2010

1/2 atkins protein bar
tuna with low fat mayo
small handful of seeds
pork in a sauce with onions and mushrooms, 4 roast tomatos and some mash butternut squash.
3 tsp w/w yoghurt ( stole it from my daughter :) )
2 chunks fresh pineapple
babybel light
coffee/water through the day

Looks like a good day's food Dawn :) xxx

Looks like a good day's food Dawn :) xxx

yeah but i felt like such a pig !!! it felt like i just ate all day lol, felt bloated in the evening ..... couldnt manage that every day !
xxx

I feel like I can eat quite a bit too compared to you :eek: I hope my pouch isnt too big! Keep up the good work Dawn :D XX

I feel like I can eat quite a bit too compared to you :eek: I hope my pouch isnt too big! Keep up the good work Dawn :D XX
Hiya Dots :D
Well its really weird because i feel like im having loads :S mind you im really struggling with water and i know im not really having much at all, i know its bad, i can tell from the dark orange of my wee (sorry TMI ?)
I really must try to drink more lol.
What do you have on an average day then ? xxxx

Yesterday I had
:1 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk.
: Ramekin filled with savoury minced beef (carrots and onions)
: Beef casserole and mashed potato, home made in slow cooker, served in a breakfast bowl, ate about half of it.
: Snacks, Carrs melts with philladelphia (3-4), Babybell Light.
Approx 5 coffees.....really struggle getting any NAS or water down at the moment, its really cold! Urine not too dark though :D
Thats a pretty typical day. Tonight Im having chicken breast (approx half a small one) broccolli and cauli and a bit of mash with gravy for main meal.
Seems like I can eat more than I thought I would be able to. :D XX

I have a little tip for this time of the year . . try having NAS Ribena Light made with kettle water that has cooled down a bit. It is lovely . . nice and warm and blackcurranty and goes down well. Much much easier than trying to drink cold drinks when the weather is so chilly.

Dawn . . I think what you ate today is a much better amount!! I agree its really hard - I struggle to eat that much too but unless you want the side effects of malnutrition (the hair loss etc) it is really important to eat the right amount of protein if nothing else!

Thats a great idea Mel, I used to love hot Vimto and Ive got NAS Vimto so I will give that a try tomorrow :D Good tip! XX

Think it goes back to my childhood - we only were treated to Ribena if we were ill (too expensive otherwise!). Mum always gave it to us hot if we had a cold. Perhaps thats why I still like it - makes me feel all warm inside!

Yesterday I had
:1 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk.
: Ramekin filled with savoury minced beef (carrots and onions)
: Beef casserole and mashed potato, home made in slow cooker, served in a breakfast bowl, ate about half of it.
: Snacks, Carrs melts with philladelphia (3-4), Babybell Light.
Approx 5 coffees.....really struggle getting any NAS or water down at the moment, its really cold! Urine not too dark though :D
Thats a pretty typical day. Tonight Im having chicken breast (approx half a small one) broccolli and cauli and a bit of mash with gravy for main meal.
Seems like I can eat more than I thought I would be able to. :D XX
Wow that does sound a bit more than i can manage ... hmmm....... will try and 'healthy' snack more thanks Dots :D xxx

I have a little tip for this time of the year . . try having NAS Ribena Light made with kettle water that has cooled down a bit. It is lovely . . nice and warm and blackcurranty and goes down well. Much much easier than trying to drink cold drinks when the weather is so chilly.

Dawn . . I think what you ate today is a much better amount!! I agree its really hard - I struggle to eat that much too but unless you want the side effects of malnutrition (the hair loss etc) it is really important to eat the right amount of protein if nothing else!
Thanks Mel, im trying to eat more now but it just feels so wrong when you dont feel hungry lol xxx

Wednesday 10th Nov 2010
4 melts crackers with tuna and low mayo
lamb tagine (lush) with roasted squash stirred into spicy veg cous cous ( was delicious!)
coffee /water

sorry Mel :S didnt manage too much today but had a bigger portion of dinner than i usually do as it was so bloomin lovely ! ended up very uncomfortable as i think i ate much too much but it was sooooo lovely i just couldnt help myself :D xx

Thursday 11th Nov 2010

1 babybel light
handful of seeds
2 melts crackers with tuna and low mayo
lamb tagine and squash cous cous (again !) lovely !
options coconut hot choc made with skimmed milk
coffee/water

Back