• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleeve advice

Tracey37

Hi guys , Just need some advice from all you gastric sleeve post ops , I saw my surgeon today for the thrid time he said the sleeve would suit me best cause of my BMI being 63, we agreed to this on my frist apponitment , but today said if i can lose another 14lb before xmas he would do the bypass, just want to know dose the sleeve work and dose it give you a good weight loss just need some advice to anyone who been through this , many thanks:)

Hi hun, i had the sleeve 4 weeks ago and have lost 23lb since, works for me fine - best thing have ever done x

Thanks bexs , I have always wanted the sleeve and think it would be the best for me , i was told if i dont loss the weight i need to after 18mths they would then do bypass , but not wanting the bypass at the moment, due to my high BMI ,
so glad about your weight loss well done , do u feel full and how much can u eat with the sleeve x

Hi yeah had 2 spoons of fish tonight and mouthful of swede carrot mash and so full hun x

Tracey are you with gravitas at Spire hospiatal? as im with them and because my BMI is high like yours i am having the sleeve first although i did want the bypass, but it actually worked out better because im having the sleeve and then he said once my weight has stabled i can have a baby and then once its born i will then have it turned into a full bypass, so im really happy.

at first i was sad because i thought the weight loss wouldnt be as great as the bypass but when i went to a support group meeting their were some people their who had lost more with the sleeve than those with the bypass!
so i suppose it just depends on how well you work with it x

Hi Emma , yes i am with the Gravitas spire team , thats what i was told the sleeve would be best for me at first and then i could have the bypass at a later date around 18mths later if i lose enough weight , I have seen my consultant three times so far but waiting for sleep apena test before i get surgery date they said i may have surgery before xmas or just after , which spire hospital are u under i am under murryfield in wirral . hope all gose well must keep in touch nice to get to know people who are going through the same thing , xx

Hi when I saw the consultant he said the sleeve is a new procedure, but my friend had sleeve over year ago and lost 8 stone, you prob won't need bypass as it works stand alone, u will never be able to eat the amount u used to! Also its less advasive surgery and healing time is quicker, I never had no pain after my op! Xxxx

I had the sleeve on 4th August and have lost 64lbs so far. I had a pretty easy time of it with no pain and no complications.

I can now eat practically anything (except eggs which make me sick) but just in small portions. Have also started going out to restaurants again and feel 'normal'.

The best bit for me is that I never feel hungry, this is the hardest thing to explain but food does not have anywhere near the importance in my life as it once did.

I would recommend the sleeve to anyone, is certainly the best decision I have ever made.

Wish you all the best whatever you decide.

xx

Had sleeve in January and lost 6 and half stone and down from 28 to 18 in size, for me it was my choice as I did not fancy 3 monthly injections/dumping etc, plus because part of stomach is actually removed I no longer get hunger pains.

I know someone who had a sleeve in August and has lost 7 st so far including pre op diet. He was 26 st. His partner has just had it done 5 weeks ago as she was so impressed with his loss.
Good luck. :)

I can only echo what everybody else has said I had my sleeve 8 weeks ago and have lost nearly 3 stone and never felt hungry once. I'm still trying to get used to what I can and can't eat as well as getting my head round how little I can eat, but other than that no pain no complications just a new wardrobe! :)

Remember a lot of initial weight loss will be interstitial water retained in the actual fat/tissues, I think a lot of people get disappointed after substantial weight loss initially to find weight loss slows down but thats normal once you have lost excess water and your body is then just losing fat, 1-2 lbs a week is perfectly acceptable after 1st 3 months and better for your body in long run.

Back