• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Depression

Paula1975

Hi all, I'm now 3 months plus out and feeling a little low. Is this normal? Just feeling very emotional at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think some depression or being down post surgery is normal. It's not a magic pill and I know I was very depressed before surgery so I'm not surprised to feel some of that coming back myself. Were you depressed before your surgery? I felt pretty good around 3 months and until recently but I'm very down at the moment. It's hard to put your finger on why when a lot of good things are still happening. I actually read the other day that certain deficencies can lead to low mood, tiredness, forgetfulness etc. All things I'm experiencing, is that how you are feeling? or do you feel there is a specific reason behind your feelings? Either way I would make an appointment to see you GP and have a general chat, they might have some good advice or want to do a check on your blood levels. Keep talking, hopefully it's a minor blip and you will be feeling brighter soon x

Maybe a little, not to the lengths that I needed medication, I'm hoping to see gp this week for the pain I've been getting between my shoulders, will speak to him about this too.
I've started my iron calcium folic yday along with my multiple vits so maybe as you say certain deficiencies may cause this so it might pick up.
I guess I'm still adjusting to new life a new me and it will take time

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes its a strange time ladies, and you can be up and down. Just put on summat nice to wear bit of sparkle, favourite earrings, eye pod with your favourite music belting out, get your self a new hair cut lots of these small things can help, keep talking and laugh have fun it releives the stress. I have had a crap 2 years and now I am being made redundant in the new year. I can't eat what I used to and can't drink like I used to nor do I want to but so much has changed and is still to change, just have to keep on plodding forwards. Trying to stay positive but its difficult, so I will hold my head up high, smile sweetly be sickly nice to those who have stood on me and kicked me hard as they climbed on up and over me, keep on looking to the future and looking for answers of what my future may hold. I am thankful that I have a faith without it I maywell not have been here it is what drives me. I have endured lots of depression throughout my life been both carer and one who has had a bit of care. Be strong and face it head on cry if you need to, I have cried fair bit lately. To top it all my daughter just move dout yesterday an din with her fiancee, will miss her, bith kids gone now jus me n hubby left. Keep your chins up you can come n walk in my shoes for a week if you fancy it? have a good day girls stay strong and upbeat xx

Knowa bit of what you mean my baby(22) son Just moved out 200 miles away so wont be seeing him as often. And last One to leave the nest Miss him. Just me and hubby now.but things.could always be worse so am thankful for lots.

Yes its strange, the youngest moved out in JAN this year and the other went yesterday, The one that moved out in jan is the youngest and a boy he lives bout milen half away, don't see great lot but always rings if needs a lend. My daughter has moved to Sunderland which is bout 40 minutes drive and on the bus looking at 1 1/2 hours. We can skype n stuff so it is fine, just bit strange with the redundancy as well just made everythign thats solid unstable if thta makes sense. xx

Hope you are all feeling much better soon this time of year dosnt help either so do something that you enjoy to put that smile back on your face xx

Back