• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restless legs !

happyhilary

Hi, I have suffered with restless legs on and off for years but over the past few months this has become worse . Every evening I get it and it's driving me mad ! My hubby said you can get medication for it but I'm not sure ? I was wondering if it had anything to do with my bypass ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Someone I know is a sleep expert and I remember a few years ago he did some research into RLS and found that a lack of zinc seemed to make it worse. I am no medical expert but it might help you to relieve the symptoms? Are you taking any vits?

nakipa said:
Someone I know is a sleep expert and I remember a few years ago he did some research into RLS and found that a lack of zinc seemed to make it worse. I am no medical expert but it might help you to relieve the symptoms? Are you taking any vits?

Yes I have calcium forceval which has 15mg so I don't know if that's enough. I was taking extra zinc but was told to stop .

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My hubby has this & the doctor told him it was due to low him being anaemic. Also low levels of Dopamine can be the cause. Get your doctor to run a blood test to check for iron deficiency. Boots sell a great lemon spray to relieve the symptoms while you wait for any results. xxx :):)

I've had this for many many years and it drives me crazy ggggrrrrrr especially in bed :( please can you tell me the details of the spray i'd love to try it but docs never been interested in it at all :(

I've had this for many many years and it drives me crazy ggggrrrrrr especially in bed :( please can you tell me the details of the spray i'd love to try it but docs never been interested in it at all :(

Here you are Angie, honey & it is on 3 for 2 at the minute :D xxx
Antistax Cooling Leg Spray - 75ml

I had this badly for the first few months after surgery. I HAD to go out for a brisk walk a couple of hours before bed or they wouldn't settled down. Strangely I had the same sort of feeling in my arms too. It did pass.
I had restless legs for a while a few years ago and it went away then too. It's a most aggravating thing ! I hope you get it sorted out soon xx

oh twinkle thanks so much i am getting some tomorrow and can't wait to try it :)

You can get different ones for the Body Shop & lots on ebay but this is the best one he has tried. It is in my interest to get one that works for him cos he drives me MAD when he has it :mad: tee hee xxx

yes and i'm sure it annoys my hubby too :) and i thought it was just me with the arm thing too x

OK..I used to have this badly but I have sorted it (I hope!) with extra magnesium and also valerian. I also used to get leg cramps from time to time which were AWFUL; woke me up and had me hopping all over the bedroom yelping with pain, but the magesium sorted that too. I have a good amount of magnesium in my multivits so I just take a valerian tablet last thing at night.

Funnily enough, in London I used to take it every morning with all my other vitamins, but I forgot to bring it with me to Jerusalem so I went out to get some from the local health place. Here it comes in a dark blue package with stars all over it; apparently it's meant to be a sleeping aid! Well I told the guy that it wasn't much good as a sleeping aid if I took it first thing in the morning and it didn't send me to sleep! But maybe this is a different strength, so I take it last thing now.

Funnily enough, in London I used to take it every morning with all my other vitamins, but I forgot to bring it with me to Jerusalem so I went out to get .

Wow Ruthie you are in Jerusalem - how lovely - how long are you there for ?

I would so love to go there, but am worried about the troubles

xx

I used to get those restless legs, and really painful legs, muscles and bones, but when they put me on the thyroxine and Iron, (for under-active thyroid and anaemia) I felt so much better and have hardly had it - or even the leg cramps since.

i've been tested many times for my thyroid but always came up borderline :) i'm off to boots in a little while get myself some special cream and if it doesn't work will have to have a re think AGAIN xx

i've been tested many times for my thyroid but always came up borderline :) i'm off to boots in a little while get myself some special cream and if it doesn't work will have to have a re think AGAIN xx

Have you told the Dr about the legs, I never did cos i just thought it was my weight - they tested me a few years back and said it wasn't thyroid, but you know different pcts have different levels of what is or isn't - i don't think that's right because most places the limit is a level 4 - when they told me mine was ok it was already 5.4 its hard for us to get proper diagnosis - I am sure they think we are fat in the head as well as everywhere else. makes me cross sometimes.

Wow Ruthie you are in Jerusalem - how lovely - how long are you there for ?

I would so love to go there, but am worried about the troubles

xx

We have a second home here and two of our married kids with grandkids live here too, so we come to it several times a year. This trip is/was for 16 days, from 24th Jan - 9th Feb encompassing two weddings; one at either end. So we'll be back in London next Thursday night.

People get so worried about the troubles but yet they are happy to go to Egypt where things are far far worse. Israel has such unfairly bad press. I feel MUCH safer walking the streets of Jerusalem by myself at night, than I do in NW London. I don't feel threatened, or in any danger whatever. We don't go into the Eastern part of the city; that would be risky, but stay in West Jerusalem. You should come; it's a beautiful city and of course steeped in thousands of years of history and there are some lovely hotels bars and restaurants.

We have a second home here and two of our married kids with grandkids live here too, so we come to it several times a year. This trip is/was for 16 days, from 24th Jan - 9th Feb encompassing two weddings; one at either end. So we'll be back in London next Thursday night.

People get so worried about the troubles but yet they are happy to go to Egypt where things are far far worse. Israel has such unfairly bad press. I feel MUCH safer walking the streets of Jerusalem by myself at night, than I do in NW London. I don't feel threatened, or in any danger whatever. We don't go into the Eastern part of the city; that would be risky, but stay in West Jerusalem. You should come; it's a beautiful city and of course steeped in thousands of years of history and there are some lovely hotels bars and restaurants.

Yes, i will one day, there are some places i would love to see, I have some friends there too from a Christian forum i belong to - one day when i am slim and my life begins..............

Yes, i will one day, there are some places i would love to see, I have some friends there too from a Christian forum i belong to - one day when i am slim and my life begins..............

It's rather good for weight loss too as the city is built on several mountains so you can't HELP but do a fair amount of hill walking here! Just outside my house is a very steep hill up towards the centre of town; there's no way of getting to town other than driving (horrendous parking and traffic) or walking, so I walk it most days. Just to get to the top of that hill is a workout in itself, never mind the rest of the walk!

Back