• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

derby funding question help please

kayulz

Hi guys can anyone help me?

I went to my gp in April who has sent my referral off to Derby. I have had a letter back saying I will have an appointment through within 13 weeks. Does this mean my funding.has been approved?

I don't know how it works as the letter didn't say much just told me information on the 3 surgeries. What is my assessment for and does anyone know wait times for derby?

Sorry for the long post any help will be greatly appreciated

Paula Garner

It depends where you come from. In Lincolnshire your funding will be approved. In Nottinghamshire the hospital apply for your funding, when your accepted for surgery and placed on the waiting list.

natashoorrr

Hiya I'm with derbyshire... Or should I say was. You will be referred to the hospital and then derby hospital will apply for funding. Once you've had your appointment with the surgeon he will agree to add you to the list or ask you to come back in three months. You will then get a letter (mine took about 3 weeks) to say e funding had been approved and I was officially on the wait list.

I was on the wait list for derby for about 7 months.

kayulz

Thanks. I'm in Nottinghamshire. I've already been seeing dietician and tried orlistat but it doesn't agree with me cos I have ongoing issues with my pancreas so gp told me to come off orlistat. I might give derby a ring to see what date they received my gp referral as the letter derby sent me was dated 26th July but as far as I'm aware gp sent application off in may

natashoorrr

Sure! As you can see from my info on my signature, I was referred in August and had my appointment in January, they said it takes 16 weeks to get an appointment and my appointment was about 4 weeks after that.

Have you decided what surgery you want? I think the band lists are shorter because its just day patients but obviously sleeves and bypasses are longer.

kayulz

I want the band because it has lower mortality rates and is done through keyhole so better recovery etc. I have a toddler so need the recovery time to be as fast as possible

Paula Garner

I want the band because it has lower mortality rates and is done through keyhole so better recovery etc. I have a toddler so need the recovery time to be as fast as possible

All the procedures are keyhole. To get the best out of your surgery, you need to choose the one that best suits your eating habits. Have a good chat with the consultant at your appointment. The band also has the highest failure rate, so another procedure may be better for you :)

lornipops

I'm with Derby, it's been quite a wait but the waiting list has been shortened from 9-12months to 8 months. Waiting has given me time to sort out anything that may get in my way.!