• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diabetic and pre 0p diet

Minoots

I did a week of the milk diet... 4 pints of milk and 2 yogurts, then this week did meel replacement (2 meal replacements and a meal of 250 cal)
But during the past 2 weeks my sugar levels have been pretty high ( 9.6, 9.8, 9.2 etc)

Milk diet i lost 4 kgs
Replacement diet lost 1 lkg ...

What is a good pre op diet for a diabetic??

Any suggestions.

My dietician said not to do the milk diet because of my diabetes. I was on the pre-op diet for just 2 weeks so saw it pretty much as a means to an end. It was high protein low everything else. I lived on tuna/chicken salad and eggs in Scrooge like portions lol. I lived a bit dangerously in the second week and had a couple of yoghurts :D

Keep hydrated and stay off the carbs. It really is worth it even though it's horrible at the time.
All the best for the 28th, it will all be worth it in the end :)

I think the very low carb diet works best for diabetics but you must really follow the advice of your surgeon and diabetic practioner. I am diabetic and my sugar levels have halved since I cut out the carbs 5 days ago. Good luck with your diet, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Hi

I did the milk only pre opp diet and didn't have any problems with my BG levels, I was on Metformin and never got any high readings, now I am post opp I am not on metformin and the highest BG is 6 with the average is 4.6.

If you are having issues contact your dietician they will be more able to advise you.

Paul

Back