• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cheating help

danic-johnson

Would it be that bad to have one last meal on my milk diet before my op lol my op is in 5 days and I want one last meal!!! Sooo greedy I've been doing 3 pints of skimmed milk only for a week and have lost a stone. What would happen of I have a meal then went straight back on for te next 4 days????

Hi, how many ''last meals'' do we need? I know of almost 30 years of dieting I would be worth a million if I had a pound for every ''last meal'' I had.
Really if you wanted a last meal it should have been before your pre op diet started. I don't know what type of surgery you are having but you will eat meals again after so you have to loose this mind set, its a new start so stick with it. If you are really desperate then just contact whomever you are having your surgery with and ask what you could have to eat if they liquid diet is getting too much.
You have done great so far so why not just stick with it? I know it is hard I have been there but you need to shrink your liver before surgery and if it has not shrunk enough you could wake up not having had your operation carried out and no one wants that to happen.
That is what spured me on to keep at it, good luck and honestly just tell yourself you had your ''last meal'' last night because if you do it tonight that is exactly what you will be telling yourself tomorrow night and the desire I am sure will still be there....
Good luck, stay strong and know you are not alone we are all there with you and been down the same path. :)

I can't encourage you to cheat. Best not to if you can. What might happen is that your liver won't shrink enough in time for your op & it will be cancelled until it is the right size for the surgeon. Is it worth it? Good luck.

Why would you want to break a special diet that you're having ahead of surgery? You only have 4 days to go and you will undo the work you've done. It isn't necessarily about losing weight, it is preparing the body for the surgery you're about to be having . . .you're gonna have to stay within the eating guidelines afterwards, so why not start now and stick to what you're doing?

I did the milk diet for 2 weeks, I know its not easy, but as you say in your title . . .its cheating. Why would you want to?

There will be many of us here who relate to that feeling, who did the milk diet and faced those feelings too, but hang in there, because you've not got long to go . . .don't put at risk something that you're working towards, and something that you have to work with post surgery . . .got to try to get away from the "cheating" mindset :)

Hey hun I felt like that so many times but didn't give in. I'm now in hospital after having my band fitted and I feel great- its not worth the food hun, it really isn't. I felt reall ill and was sat down most of the time but I it's too bad call your team and they can advise of something different. Good luck babes xxx

I'm just at a point where I feel so I'll with the milk dizzy tired headache etc I feel like I wanna cry :(

You do not have to suffer like this. If the liquid diet is too much you can be put on a low carb high protien diet, that is what I did for two weeks because I cannot stand milk. Just give them a call tell them how you are feeling, I am sure they will let you have some chicken and green veg, a sugar free jelly etc. Dont feel upset :( awww you will make me want to cry too! Honestly we all know and have all been there but you do not have to suffer like this, give them a call, there is always another way around it.

Hang in their hune. Think op success slim figure nice clothes nice figure nice life. Alternative no op ? Sorry hune but u r so close hang in their u can do it!

Start as you mean to go on, it's not like your never going to eat again.
Plus you will just be messing your liver about!!
Be strong it will all be worth it in the end xx

It depends how much you want your op, as others have said, you could wake to find that they didnt do it because your liver was too big x

Everyone has already said it all but I just wanted to say that another reason they do the milk diet, as well as to shrink the liver, is so people don't have a big blow out right before the op. Also after a week on the liver diet if you eat something really rich, fatty, or sugary etc you are going to feel so sick. It's just not worth it. Especially if you woke up and found they couldn't do the surgery because your liver hadn't shrunk enough. You can do 4 more days, and if you feel you can't because you feel ill then as someone said ring your team and they will give you advice. Good luck.

Go for it ... If you don't mind waking up realising you have scars that will last a lifetime but no surgery.
Hang in there because this isnt going to be the last time your head is going to want something you can't have. x

Whisk a pan of hot milk nice and frothy and have a lovely capucchino.Its more filling than plain old milk or tea!You know a last meal is wrong,you would only regret it.

Which hospital are you with and which op are you having?
I know of quite a few patients with SRH who had 'one last meal', some with a week to go, and they went for their op only to wake up to find their liver wasn't small enough and so no op! Your surgeon won't put you at risk by trying to move a large liver, so why should you put yourself at risk?
The other point is if you can't commit to just another 4 days of dieting, then why are you having surgery? It isn't going to work if you eat what you want - you need to be sure you're doing the right thing, then sticking to milk for another 4 days will be easy
Best of luck

The shrinking of the liver is not just so the surgeon can move but also because it can caused increased bleeding and increase your risk of dying - get in touch with your provider and see if they can recommend an alternative as you're feeling so ill or try lactose free milk as that's easier for some people.

When I had my bypass surgery, the lady I was sharing a room with woke up to find that they couldn't complete her surgery as her liver was still too large for them to move. It turned out that she had been 'cheating' on her pre op diet. You dont say if you're having your surgery privately or on the NHS, but we were NHS bypassers so she not only Completely missed her opportunity, but also wasted the chance for someone else to have their surgery. Come on hunni, this is really hard, but you can do this. You may not get another chance. Stay strong, keep posting we're all here for you.
Xxx

I agree completely with Sarahj. Please keep going. Cheating will only hurt yourself and may mean your operation is not successful. Not long to go and afterwards you will be so proud of yourself for doing your part so that your surgeon can do the rest for you. Keep strong and get those negative thoughts about 1 last meat out of your head. Good luck.

You are nearly there so hang in there! I know exactly how you feel, I'm on the pre-op diet and need to do it for three weeks. Mine doesn't sound so bad its 4 ww soups and 4 mullerlights a day but I'm really struggling and part of me is thinking is it all worth it. I had this last time I was on pre-op and cancelled the operation as I was feeling so down but this time I know this is how I'm going to feel on the diet. Roll on 4 days for you and 2.5 weeks for me!

Just hang on in there danic... it will all be worth it once you have had your op and the weight starts coming off... You are so nearly there now, and you will be so glad that were committed enough to see this pre op diet through. xxx

Back