• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did any ones hair fall out plus any tips to tone tummy

Sarah4darren2913

Well haven't been on here for a while had my surgery sept24th 2015 in total I have lost over 5 stone but started noticing my hair is coming out how long will this last also weight has started to stall I know I will have hanging skin any tips on how to tone

Well haven't been on here for a while had my surgery sept24th 2015 in total I have lost over 5 stone but started noticing my hair is coming out how long will this last also weight has started to stall I know I will have hanging skin any tips on how to tone

I'm 18 months out and lost 9.5 stone (maintained same weight for 9 months)

My hair began to fall out at 4 months out and has continued to fall and break.

I now have hair extensions

I'm swimming to help tone and my inches are changing even though my weight is the same.

I think I'm a rare case

Hiya, I haven't had hair fall out yet but I'm worried about it trying to do what I was told to do.....so eating minimum of 60g protein a day, taking vitamins and my vitamin levels are ok at the moment. Sarah, have they noticed a drop in your vitamin levels? I will keep a eye on this thread as I'm worried this will happen at some point. Good luck X

Hiya, I haven't had hair fall out yet but I'm worried about it trying to do what I was told to do.....so eating minimum of 60g protein a day, taking vitamins and my vitamin levels are ok at the moment. Sarah, have they noticed a drop in your vitamin levels? I will keep a eye on this thread as I'm worried this will happen at some point. Good luck X
I was paranoid my hair would fall out, even chopped 9 inches off but it seems fine, 6 month blood test in 2 weeks so I'll see how it is

My hair started to fall out around 9 months after my bypass mostly around my hair line its not nice but was told it would happen will have to be brave and bite the bullet and have a short style but its taken me years to grow my hair( im a black briton) and like all women and men your hair is your crowning glory have done all the things advised, upped protein taken pills eating better but it still happened so im learning to accept it , use loads of hair grips and beany hats!

Do you have b12 injections? I really am not bothered about stretch marks or saggy skin (atm anyway) it's just hair loss.

I'm 7 months post op and have lost 7 stone, My hair has recently started falling out by the hand full, i'm hoping it will stop soon, i don't really have any saggy skin so can't help there.

I'm worried now

Dont be worried it is what it is and worrying dont make things better the hair will grow back its still sad when it does happen and I guess hair loss is different some people lose very little , barly noticable I think I may go for an " anita baker" (amercian soul singer in the 80's) type hair cut ive been told that leaving it as it is when breaking is not a wise thing just not ready to go that short I had up till a few months ago nearly neck length think black hair now while 3/4of the length is mostly there just all around the temple and around the outside of my head is shorter
might get a chop in time for spring and ditch the hair grips and beany hats!

Yeah, i haven't changed my hair style yet as its very long, (waist length) and i really don't want to get it cut but i was thinking of maybe 6 to 8 inches off might help, it might just feel like more hair is coming out because of the length if you know what i mean, i was told it will only thin and not get bald patches and assured it will grow again so i'm staying hopeful.

I believe taking biotin helps with hair - and also with nails. I bought at amazon and take it just in case. I'm nearly five months out, and I read the danger times are 5 - 9 months for hair loss. It does grow back. - This too shall pass, x x x

Forgot about biotin, Holland and Barrett do it

I believe taking biotin helps with hair - and also with nails. I bought at amazon and take it just in case. I'm nearly five months out, and I read the danger times are 5 - 9 months for hair loss. It does grow back. - This too shall pass, x x x

Biotin does help but it makes me spotty xx

Hi there, I am nearly two years post surgery and my hair started coming out about 4 months post op. Lots of hair came out and it was horrid (I found it the worst part of my whole weight loss journey). However 18 months later it has grown back and if anything my hair is thicker now. Xx

Hi Sarah, I am now 6 months post op and I noticed that my hair started falling out when I was about 3 months out and I mentioned this to my surgeon and he said it usually starts at 3months post op and lasts up until 9 months to a year. The hair isn't falling out from the root it's breaking off he said and it will continue to grow back so I know it's hard especially when you are a hairdresser like myself but try not to fret too much. With regards to toning, the bestest one for that is swimming as it will tone your whole body. Also massarging your skin daily will help as it increases the blood flow which will help with the elasticity. Same goes for your hair, if you massage your scalp everytime you shampoo and condition it, it also increases the blood flow which helps stimulate the follicles to promote hair growth but this is not advised if you have a oily scalp as it can make the oiliness worse.
Hope this helps hun ;) x

Regular (weekly if possible) deep conditioning treatments and lay off getting it coloured for a good while or if u can then only have a quasi tint but avoid bleach/bleached highlights like the plague as they will just continue to damage the hair and will make your brittleness alot worse. Glad to try n help

My hair started to fall out at about the three month mark. I had beautiful thick hair to begin with but it thinned quite dramatically. My hairdressers was shocked at the handfuls that where coming away which then sent me into a panic. However to be honest it was only my hairdresser and I that noticed. My husband only noticed because it kept choking the shower drain (he's a plumber btw). It didn't really start to rethicken up after till about a year out and now you wouldn't even know. There is nothing really that you can do to prevent it. Your body can't afford the energy to maintain your hair. Pack in the protein and taking a good hair and nails supplement won't do any harm but just don't expect it to perform miracles.
On the skin front toning exercises will help to fill up some of the looseness but the rest is down to luck/genetics. I have found that the further out I have got the more the skin has slowly sprung back. Don't get me wrong it's still loose but not as bad as it was a year ago ;)

Back