• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on Alien in my tummy (poss hernia lol)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all i was just wondering if any of u had a tummy hernia post op. I have a massive tummy and since the 9 stone loss it hangs practically to my knees and i still have 9 stone to lose so i dread to think where my belly will be then :cry:

Anyway to cut a long and boring story short about 3/4 weeks ago on one of the very rare times i look at myself naked in the mirror :eek: i noticed a big in print from the highest of my war wounds :) to practically down to my bikini line, this shape was starting to stick out and was the shape and size of a rugby ball :eek:

I went to my doc and showed it to him and he said it looks like a big hernia but i would have to have a scan to verify it and should he refer me back to my team, my answer to that was nooooooo its ok its not bothering me, i did not want my surgeon to see it as i dont want another op at the mo as planning to be in full time college in Sept.

Well about a week ago i started to notice that things like my knickers and skinny jeans were getting really tight on me and i know i have had a stall and gained 5lbs but that went after totm, but actually gaining inches worried me, so i did a brave thing :D and yet again stood naked in front of the mirror :eek:
and i was gobsmacked to see how much it had grown and gone from an in print to a 4/6 month pregnant belly, and around that time i started to start feeling sick and griping pains, burning sensations and bad lower back pain very diff to the back pain i usually get.
So went back to my doc today and was brave again and bared all to him and he def said it has grown quite a bit and referred me for an urgent scan but that could take some time, so i called my team and they said if the symptoms become worse i need to go down to the Whittington and if necessary i would be admitted.

Have had a lot of pain today but i want to wait a few more days to monitor it, has anyone else had this and if so what was the outcome, just wondering how big it can grow as it has grown so fast.

Sorry for such a long and boring post, any info would be much appreicated, take care luv Roch xx

i cant realli help ya luv as i dont know but i just wanted to wish you look and hope they sort it out for you soon x

Roch, I do not want to worry you but if your provider have suggested you go to them then I would go. My dad bless him is stubborn and would not get his treated until it suddenly ruptured and he ended up having an emergency op - so please do not leave it too long. Wishing you the best and hope it gets sorted soon.

tranquil

Roch, I do not want to worry you but if your provider have suggested you go to them then I would go. My dad bless him is stubborn and would not get his treated until it suddenly ruptured and he ended up having an emergency op - so please do not leave it too long. Wishing you the best and hope it gets sorted soon.

tranquil

Thanks Tb my team did say if the pain gets worse to come to them at the mo i can bear it and it did ease up for about an hr tonight but is back, i am going to see how i feel tomorrow, ty for ur post xxx

Sorry I cant help with any advice, it doesnt sound very nice atall. I have read about people having massive hernias, my dad had one years ago and went in and had it removed. He had an epidural and came home the next day and was fine. I hope you get it sorted soon hun X

tranquil

Thanks Tb my team did say if the pain gets worse to come to them at the mo i can bear it and it did ease up for about an hr tonight but is back, i am going to see how i feel tomorrow, ty for ur post xxx

Hi Roch

Obviously I don't know that much about this type of hernia, being pre-op, but as an ex-nurse I would say DEFINITELY don't leave this any longer. Hernias can be treated easily and even if you did need surgery you could still be fine to start college in September.
BUT if left, hernias can do something called 'strangulate' which basically means they get twisted and the blood supply gets cut off and this is REALLY serious and can cause all sorts of complications.

So please don't leave this any longer, it needs the medics to take a gander at it asap.

I hope that hasn't scared you, but honestly, it's not worth risking your health for.

Love Charis xx

Roch thank you for the rep. I hope I did not worry or scare you - that was not my intention. Sending you :hug99:and hope you feel better soon.

tranquil

I do hope you soon get this all sorted... shall be thinking of you and much love xxx

Roch, you must get this seen to asap. If it is a hernia the size of a rugby ball it will not go away on its own. The dangers of leaving it are too great hun. Please get it seen to.

Also, if you have it done now, you will be fit for college in Sept. Where as if you leave it till its an emergency, you could be in the middle of your college course and end up having to drop out.

Morning, i agree with everyone else hunni! please pleeeeeeeese go back and see your team, your health is so much more important at the minute, and like you said its getting bigger everytime you look at it! i dont really have any other input than that im afraid as im not to clued up on hernias..... please be able to say to us today you've an appointment with them, otherwise ill be a pestering like your mum! :) hope your ok and good luck x

Please keep us posted when you have made that phone call... we are wishing you all the very best and please make it high priority for today!
Sending a huge hug and much love xxx

Hun, I'm only going to say this because you know I'm your friend. GET YOUR ARSE DOWN TO THE WHITTINGTON TOMORROW. It was bad enough when I saw you a few weeks ago and it sounds like its got much worse. As harsh as this message sounds, I don't really understand why you're delaying going. Whilst I understand you don't want another op, by this point I'm guessing it isn't going to miraculously heal itself, and will probably get much worse. Please, please, please get down to the hospital tomorrow.

Roch, I'm a nurse, get to the hospital. If it strangulates then you are in for a big problem. Take your courage in your hands and get it sorted out, seriously. You can't ignore something like this. Don't want to scare you but you need to get it done. Like someone has already said, it won't sort itself out on it's own.

Roch, my friend has a hernia, she too had wls 17 months ago! She has been told it's an incisional hernia, caused by her surgery but no way it's the size of yours. It is very uncomfortable though so can only imagine how painful yours is.

Get yourself down the hospital and get them to sort it. My friends been told she will be a day case for surgery when she has it in November...

Please let us know how you get on xx

have you been yet hunni?...

How are you getting on love? Please put yourself first and foremost! xxx

Roch, I hope that your absence means you have gone to get this sorted. If not. why not? Like others have said, even if it gets no worse you still have to get it sorted and the sooner the better. Your health is all that matters at the moment and the sooner you get it sorted the quicker you will be back on the right road. You know it makes sense. hugs & kisses. xx

here here!

Back