• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has any one else noticed

Alia

Good morning all,

I've just woke up and every one else is still sleeping and I've been sitting here thinking and one thing that I've noticed that as my weight goes down I'm starting to take more pride in myself.

If I look back say 3 years, I pampered myself big style. I'd never leave the house with out putting make up on, I'd have my hair done regularly and my nails. I'd dress up nicely, stick on my favourite perfume and head for the door. Even just to take the kids to school.

As my weight increased rapidly I stopped going out as much, infact to the point where just before my wls I was living pretty much like a hermitt. I never wore make up, started lounging around in a big baggy t-shirt and sweatpants (one of the few things that still fitted me prior to surgery), and stopped doing my make up.

I never stopped buying clothes though, even though I knew they were too small. I have, and this is no exageration, a huge walk in wardrobe, a triple wardrobe and a double wardrobe, plus drawers full of clothes. Not to mention the ones in vacuum bags in the attic, and most of them, I'd say 90% still have the tags on them. Over 30 pairs of jeans hanging up never worn. I dont know why I did that but it made me feel good to see all the clothes there even if I could n't wear them.

I'm going to leave it another stone and a half then start trying things on cause I don't want the disappointment of them still being too small.

Don't even get me started on shoes cause I could n't tell you how many pairs I have stacked up... most again never worn, beautiful heeled shoes that would have crippled me in the past and probably still will now lol but again seeing them all there feels great. I'm panicking a bit cause some one told me even your feet can shrink when you lose weight and I've visions of being shoeless lol.

Anyway back to my point, since I've been losing the weight I can see myself starting to take a bit more pride, even put on some make up the other day just for in the house but it felt great and all the kids kept saying mum you look great. I've started to moisturise again, do my nails and get my feet into good condtion again.

Even though I've only lost just over 3 stone and I know I have a very long way to go yet, I can see it only getting better.

My house suffered a little bit aswell. Up until say 4 months before my surgery, no matter how big I was, I'd clean my house from top to bottom every dayeven if it killed me but as the weight went on and my pain increased I had to stop doing so much and although it was never dirty it was n't as tidy as I like but I'm starting to get back on top of it now as I'm recovering and can't wait till I'm back to my normal busy self.

Prattling on I know but it feels good to write it all down.

Alia xxx

I understand and agree with you totally.

Me pre-op was a tramp that had crawled out of a bin bag, now I make sure my hair is nice, my skin looksgood (put make up on when leaving house - never been into makeup much) and I look tidy and presentable.

Housework became a real chore at 23 stone, 2 stones down and I feel much more willing. (ut I do believe I was born with selective vision LOL)

Its good to feel good again innit? :D:):D

Well that is great news Alia, I must say I always put makeup on and to the outside world I am pretty presentable, even when I go to the gym I make sure I have makeup on. But to be VERY honest I am not Fat lol !!!! I look very similar to a celeb and blah blah blah.
The scales dont lie do they I am fat I am obese I do need wls but have never faced upto that, I never look in the mirror well a small one I use to do my makeup, I avoid shop window reflections, mirrors in shops etc... I see my reflection and think OH MY GOD thats me !!!
But then as soon as I get in from school at 3.00pm or shopping etc... at a weekend I am out of my jeans and t shirts and into my comfy clothes also known as pj's, jogging bottoms, big nighties...
I dont know if every fat person is the same but I am very comfier then when i am out of my knickers and bra and jeans etc... and into my pj's or what I call comfys.
I have pcos which makes me quite a "hairy" person (you are all thinking urmmm lovely" and I have to pluck my chin everyday which makes me very emotional, My hubby says that it is normal but he is probably being nice or oblivious !!!
I am sooo looking forward to wls but have quite a way to go, none of my friends know and I dont want them to find out till much nearer the time incase I am refused it or anything like that.
I have had a lovely christmas and enjoyed it and teh drink!!! and its back to the gym and my healthy life tomorrow when teh kids start back at school.
gosh I go on lol
well done to you xx

The thought of not wearing a bra makes me want to hide behind a sofa....:eek:

My boobs would be round me knees!!!:8855::8855:

Yes I have started to return to the hairdressers to get my hair cut and coloured instead of colouring it at home and getting a cheap dry cut....hated seeing myself sat in the mirror. I also get dressed more around the house, could never stand wearing a bra in doors but now they are much more comfortable I dont mind leaving them on. xx

Hi All,

I can totally relate to this one too. I was always buying clothes with the incentive of slimming into them! Of course never quite got there, and they were packed into suitcases and forgotten about.

When I had lost quite a bit of my weight I thought I would go dig the clothes out, as it would save me buying them! To my surprise most did not fit because they were too big!!!! This felt wonderful but also it was bit of a waste as they were brand new with the tags on:rolleyes:..lol

So dont leave it too long before trying on your stash! I have found that I have lost quite a bit of muscle along with the fat, which for me is great as I have always had a huge build from years of competetive swimming. My shape is different from when I have lost weight before, my clothes size is smaller now than when I was this weight before too. I am almost in a 12!

I now also want to look good. I do my hair and want to wear nice clothes. I've spent too long hiding away and not taking care of my image, well no more!

Good luck in your wardrobe, by the sounds of it you'll be in there some time! lol....lucky you!

Take care,

Kel xxxx

i have found that i have got more excitement in my life cause im having the op that i have started doing the things that i havent done in a long long time ...

i went shopping the other day for a few things i needed for the first time in ages .. it was only a 30 min shop however more than i have done in a long time ..

and i know this is all due to i can see light at the end of the long tunnel.. and i know help is out there and i will be on the other side soon ..

so congrats hun and i think your going to have to do a car boot in summer and get rid of all that stuff and have to go out and buy it all again in 10 times smaller sizes xxx

as soon as I get in from school at 3.00pm or shopping etc... at a weekend I am out of my jeans and t shirts and into my comfy clothes also known as pj's, jogging bottoms, big nighties...
I dont know if every fat person is the same but I am very comfier then when i am out of my knickers and bra and jeans etc... and into my pj's or what I call comfys.
I have pcos which makes me quite a "hairy" person (you are all thinking urmmm lovely" and I have to pluck my chin everyday which makes me very emotional, My hubby says that it is normal but he is probably being nice or oblivious !!!

I hate wearing bras, I have never had a bra that does nt ride up, cut in, straps that stay up, wires that don't peirce my skin, I tell myself its cause of my weight and that I'll treat myself to a 'proper' bra, measured correctly when I know I can go into M&S and be sure they will have the bra to fit me.

Knickers!! I can never be with out them, I wear them all day every day and night too. Don't know why but I just feel bare with out them.

You should n't be so hard on yourself hun, you really are beating yourself up and being unfair. Ok so you have a weight problem, we all do and we all have had at times negative issues about ourselves but we need to try to be positive too. I totally relate to you about mirrors etc and your 'comfies' cause I do the same even now. If I'm home I wear my pjs or sweat pants cause they are comfortable but I always dress before going out. Love yourself hunney cause then you can start accepting who you are and start your long journey to being healed

Alia xxx

Hi All,

I can totally relate to this one too. I was always buying clothes with the incentive of slimming into them! Of course never quite got there, and they were packed into suitcases and forgotten about.

When I had lost quite a bit of my weight I thought I would go dig the clothes out, as it would save me buying them! To my surprise most did not fit because they were too big!!!! This felt wonderful but also it was bit of a waste as they were brand new with the tags on:rolleyes:..lol

So dont leave it too long before trying on your stash! I have found that I have lost quite a bit of muscle along with the fat, which for me is great as I have always had a huge build from years of competetive swimming. My shape is different from when I have lost weight before, my clothes size is smaller now than when I was this weight before too. I am almost in a 12!

I now also want to look good. I do my hair and want to wear nice clothes. I've spent too long hiding away and not taking care of my image, well no more!

Good luck in your wardrobe, by the sounds of it you'll be in there some time! lol....lucky you!

Take care,

Kel xxxx

I'm made a promise that when I get to a certain weight I'll start trying on my clothes. Problem for me is they are ALL in the same size so once one item is too big they will all be too big. urghhh

I guess I'm lucky in that a family member works for a well known plus size catalouge and I get all my clothes and shoes at cost price and you won't believe the mark up on each item.. it can be as much as 8 times as much.. scandalous really.

I plan to sell them all on ebay and make enough money to buy the next lot and so on, its just a way of recycling. Plus size clothes sell fantastically there, people often pay more than the price that they
are in the shops.

I'm a strange shape, I'm much smaller up top than I am downstairs so I wear a smaller top to a bottom... when I lose weight my boobs start to disappear and thats tragic as I've only ever had at the most c cups... pancakes are springing to mind :eek:

I'm another one bought loads of clothes far too small (probably on a diet and hoping for a miricle when I bought them). Since having the op I have gradually watched those small clothes be worn and then get too big and go to the charity shop. I retrieved the very last lot of clothes from the loft at the weekend twelve-size 14 skirts -they are too small now but I know in a few weeks they will fit.

Oh yes - first time in 40 years!!
I even match colours & stuff now - mainly because I can as there is a better choice of clothing! And boy, have I gone mad over that - which I shouldn't really because in a few months (hopefully!) I'll have to do it all over again. Ha, what a shame!! :8855:

Shoes - not such an issue yet! I live in a pair of boots in Winter, slip on mules in Summer - it's triky when a 9 is too big & 8-8.5 is too small!! Fingers crossed I can get 'girl shoes' sometime!!

Housework - what's that? :confused: Not then or now so let's not go there!! (Hey, I can only be a Goddess at so many levels & domesticity is not one of them!) :D

As you say, still a way to go &, although vanity was never one of the criteria for me ... it DOES feel good!

It is much nicer having to discard clothes that are too big when prior to surgery we would of been discarding the smaller sizes...xx

yep can fully relate! use to hate shopping now i can't get enough of it!!! don't think i have ever tried on as many clothes in one shopping trip still pick up sizes that are to big but it is great to say i need a 14 rather than it doesn't fit! i also have started getting my hair and nails done and i am so much happier with me generally. just shows it has all been worthwhile!!!

Back