• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

100lbs down and 10 months out.

Glorfindel

Six Month Post Op
Hey guys, this will be wordy - I warn you now!

I haven't posted on here in ages, but I have been lurking, it is nice to see the familiar faces and read the forus for inspiration or if you ever feel yourself going off track.

I had my operation, laproscopic bypass at Spire Roding in November of last year, and can hardly believe it is less then two months till I will be a year out.

As my title gives away, I have hit the 100lb lost mark (well, 102lb now). I hit this target two weeks ago, and lost another two pounds last week :). I haven't lost as fast as many, but I am more then happy with my loss. I was 18st 10lbs on the day of surgery itself, and now at 11st 8lbs it has made a WORLD of difference. I am two pounds away from finally being just 'overweight' and not obese for the first time in many, many years.

I would LOVE to be in the normal weight range for Christmas, right at the edge at 9st 7lbs (I'm a shorty, 5'2) would make me so very, very happy. Size 12 too, I'm a 14-16 at the moment (down from a 28!).

My life really has changed. I can't express how much. Really, I can't. My confidence has shot up, even without councelling, I'm no longer ashamed to be amoung people, I look FORWARD to seeing family and friends, I actually leave the house and go out on my own and on my own suggestion. I've always loved theme parks and rides but dreaded them due to my weight - I couldn't fit on half of them, now I don't have to worry about that terrible shame of not being able to fit/having a very kind man shove the restraints down. I just jump in and buckle up. Yes, I JUMP!

I can walk without getting out of breath within two minutes, my fast walking partner now has to do little runs to catch up with me if I'm in a hurry. I can run and play with my Irish Wolfhound. I can shop in normal shops. Plane seatbelts and food trays are no longer a dread to me. I can fit in normal cinema seats, not just premier (though I'm a spoilt brat and still want the big comfy seats!) last year I bought a large, weight bearing computer chair that I totally filled, now I sit to one side of it, legs pulled up beside me, knee under my chin - like a bloody teenager (hey, I'm 24, I'm allowed - right?). I CAN cross my legs, and for long periods of time. I can paint my toes without any worries. Heck, I can SEE my toes.

Bad points? None really. Apart from the loose skin - even at my age (I say that due to all the people telling me it wouldn't be bad due to my age and stretchy skin) but I've ALWAYS had bad skin in that respect and I knew not to expect much. My belly is a saggy sack of mostly skin now, and even with control pants I have a 'mouth' of skin, I don't know how else to describe it, but it looks bizarre on me as I am naturally petite, and have a little waist now - it gets sore underneath sometimes :(. My arms, thankfully, aren't terrible. My thighs sag at the top, but I can deal with it. My bust...well...looks fine in a bra, thats all I can be thankful in that respect. I am lucky to have a partner who doesn't give a damn however <3.

But every single bit of loose, saggy skin is worth it. Completely worth it. Totally worth it.

I've noticed my portion sizes have gone up, the only thing I don't like to eat is pasta, it feels bad. But everything else is fine. I get in at least 70g of protein a day and aim for 1000-1200 calories, I'm not sure if that is right but it is working for me. Sometimes I slip up, and I don't worry too much about carbs, I make sure I get them, try and get them in fruit and veg, but WILL have wholemeal bread (allinsons, 5 grams protein per slice!) - but only once a day, if that.

My entire attitude to food has changed. I now LOVE cooking, I love making and trying new foods. Even if I cannot eat them, or can only eat a tiny bit (I made a Christmas cake for the first time on the weekend). I started a food blog...my aim is a photo project - 365 days of what I ate for dinner. Food and photography - two things I love :).

I'm so, so glad I had this operation. So glad. Next year, once 18 months has passed I think I shall be trying for a baby, I cannot believe it. But the option is there and I've been broody for some time now, but I shall stick to doctors orders, 18 months! :)

Thanks for reading!

Before and after pictures. The latest picture is out of date. I've lost atleast another stone since then :)

Front
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...56516799035_1414945587_31042597_3423203_n.jpg

Side
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...56516759034_1414945587_31042596_2870288_n.jpg

Back
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs085.snc4
/35631_1356516599030_1414945587_31042595_2139753_n.jpg

Head shot
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...23871002848_1414945587_31215447_1915019_n.jpg

This was great to read what life is like when it gets back to normal well done sounds like your doing great

WOW absolutely fabulous weight loss - you look fantastic - well done you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a really wonderful read, it is so lovely to hear your enthusiasm for life and how estatic you are with your surgery results. Thank you for sharing an inspirational story, and btw, you look really sassy & chic in your after pics! xxx

well done hun you have come so far - i can relate to everything you have said as i am as your were pre op and hope for everything you have said post op, so... i cant wait to be stood in your shoes. your photos are inspirational! xxxxx

Wow youre stunning! Congratulations on doing so well.
I have lost around the same as you and am dinky too and if I look anywhere as good as you then Ill be more than happy xx
Steph xx

Last edited:
Really inspirational read, what a massive difference this has made to your life :D Well done....and the blog is a brilliant idea :D x

Thank you so, so much for your inspirational post. Your new zest for life absolutely shines through every word. I think that is what I want most from this journey I am on.
I also noticed from your beautiful photos, that as your weight went down, your head came up! It's actually an amazing pictorial metaphor for what this surgery has done for you. You can actually see your confidence growing in each picture.

By the way, I also love your user-name; is it from Lord of the Rings? I seem to remember Glorfindel was an elvish lord? I love Lord of the Rings as you can probably tell!

THAT IS JUST AWESOME! Congrats, you look absolutely stunning.

congrats well done

i'm not far off myself not lost for 6/7 wks now only got 3/4lbs to go sure i'll get there

keep on keeping on

xx

Well done hon! You are such a fabulous inspiration! You and I are almost identical to starting weights and height and surgery times and it has always been fun to gauge my progress with yours.

What a brilliant result for you; and a great inspiration to me and many others on here.

Loved the photos amazing the difference a year can make. You now must be really happy and good luck and lots of fun with the baby making, and all the best for the future. :)

Kat

A really inspirational post and well worth the read. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am so pleased for you.

I think I know how you feel.

WELL DONE.:)

Fantastic. Its very inspirational to read. When you feel your making slow progress, and then you can see what you've achieved, its brilliant x

Back