• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

did anyone have a bad dream b4 the op? (bout death pls dont get offensive)

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
well when my bf came home from work today he told me he had a bad dream last night (didnt tell me in mornin i leave at 5.15am for work) so i asked him what it was about and he said i didnt come back from thearte alive, he had to see my body to say it was me. He started getting really upset.

im still havin my op as im sure im in capeable hands, and my surgeon said im at the very very low risk end of anythin going wrong i guess him tellin me his dream just shook me a little.

no need to reply just wanted to get it out there and see if the same has happened to anyone else.

No the same didn't happen to me. It must have been very upsetting for your OH with having such a horrible nightmare - and for you to hear it. I think dreams can sometimes be a way of playing out our deep down fears.

I hope that the dream has faded now - sometimes they can get you down for a whole day. But it's just a dream.

Very best wishes to you Claudia

Lv Jen x

I would tell your B/f not to worry to much, I am the same with my son if he tells me he is going swimming I fear he will drown, If he said he was going to a theme park, I would fear he was not gonna be strapped in problem and was going to die, If we booked a holiday I would fear the plane was going to crash, In fact I got so bad I went to the doctors as in the end my son had no life as I saw danger no matter what he did and they told me I was just scared of losing him and it was playing on my mind.

He is scared of losing you and his sub conscious is telling him so.

I didn't have any weird dreams pre op, but the week post op I was tripping out:D:DThink it was the morphine ;)

I think your boyfriend had a deep based subconscious fear which manifested itself in the dream. By telling you about the dream he shared his fears and hopefully you've reassured him too.......

I don't think he'll be having anymore of these dreams, and if he does tell him to keep it to himself till after your op when you've recovered. Last thing you need to hear is doom n gloom so close to your date xxx

mmmm there is a train of thought you know that says dreams are opposite of reality...i.e. dream of a death predicts a birth, dream of a funeral predicts a wedding, so perhaps you can take comfort from this line of thought and reason that his dream must have meant that everything will go swimmingly well !!! x x x

Hi

Try not to be too concerned, I'm sure that this is your B/F's subconscious playing tricks with him. He's bound to have heard of all of the horror stories that go around about WLS and will naturally have concerns about your safety because he loves you. I'm sure you'll be fine, as you say you're in safe hands and have been told you are at a low risk of complications.

Good luck xxx

My only dreams have been about waking up and discovering I havent had the op and Im still 24 stone! Its your BF just sorting things out in his subconscious - dont worry, you will be fine!

thank u everyone he has read all ur post and says he feels calmer. off to see my nan now b4 my op tomo, wooo i like writing that my op tomo lol xxxx

My hubby has been having same sorts of dreams, a couple times I've woken with him shouting out my name in the night and crying. He's really supportive of me having the op he knows it is the only real chance i have of living a nomal life but he is worrying so much it is making him ill some days. I'm hoping they will do the op asap and he's hoping it's as far away as possible just in case things go wrong and i don't come back. I got my pre op assessment date yesterday for the 10th of December and havent told him yet, my Mum is taking me, and even considered not telling him when the surgery is when I get the date just so he might relax a little.
I'm sure you and I will be fine and it's nice they are so worried about us.

thank u for bein so honest tarara, my bf broke dowm into tears but he know its my only chance of trully bein healthy xx

Back