• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did anyone see the bbc news tonight about the gastric band ????

Thanks for clarifying that, Olsbols. I must admit, I did not pay attention to the name of the doctor who was being investigated.

AJ

As with most of us who have great surgeons, I'm very protective of Shaw - he's such a wonderful person (as well as a top surgeon) and I hate to think of anyone thinking he could be linked to such irresponsible behaviour in any way, shape or form... :eek:

Actually, I have PM'd Chezza to ask her to remove his name from the title... hope no-one thinks that's OTT. I just feel that it's so open to misinterpretation.

x

Last edited:
dr de bruyne is there to make money out of vunerable ppl with a low bmi its all wrong ! how dare he make money from ppl in the bmi catogary of just over weight , this takes it to the other end of the obesity crisis, exterme too the anorexic, i know ppl thats anorexic and want weight loss surgery because of there eating dissorder.
this is where wls gets abused.
shoot me down in flames if you disagree.:sigh:

liz x

Last edited:
i disagree! he was my surgeon, and i guarantee that peice of footage was HIGHLY edited!

has he been struck off the GMC? no!

i now we all stick up for our surgeons, but i belong to another wls forum where literally HUNDREDS of people have been banded by him, and he offers the best aftercare that i've ever heard of - even down to giving us his PERSONAL mobile number to call 24/7 (which one of my friends did at 3.30am - and he was absolutely wonderful).

he's such a skilled surgeon that a very well known private healthcare system in the UK send their bariatric surgeons to belgium for him to train them in gastric band surgery! :p

i was also banded by dr debruyne and he is nothing but professional. there is no more cost to the nhs being banded in belguim than going to WGA who also only offer op no aftercare included, dr chris does offer aftercare too in the uk but its extra which isnt uncommon. from flicking through old posts iv seen someone who was banded by WGA whos bmi was 30.8 yet they havnt been on the news

someone told me that the highlighting of dr chris was due to him opening his bristol clinic and taking buisness away from an nhs surgeon who also does private work in that area, dont know how true it is

but id got back to dr chris again without hesitation, infact if the nhs let me down again and wont do my tummy tuck he will be my first choice x

yes, i agree. he'd be my first port of call any time anywhere!!! first class surgeon. IMO you wouldn't find any better :)

Hi, I didn`t have my band done by Dr De Bruyne but when I went for my fill last week I got talking to a girl that had hers by him and she couldn`t have been happier. She was on her second fill had lost lots of weight and some of her friends had obviously heard of her great progress and had also booked to have bands done by him xxx

Hi
No I didnt see it but heard a day or so ago about a woman dying think it was abroad her GP said she was too overweight and had asthma though so cant be same lady.
x

I have done a lot of research over the past few months on surgeons and banding ( have had bad experience on NHS waiting list) and DR Cris De Bruyne comes out my top choice! He is extremely professional and in no way underhand at all!! I am waiting for a date in April to go over to Belgium to have my band done and wouldnt even consider going to anyone else!

I think people forget that its in the news, cos its unusual. If it happened all the time, it wouldn't be as newsworthy

x x x

Back