• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did they operate on my brain too?

miss_malone

Maybe i am going through a post-op honeymoon period, but seriously, did they operate on my brain too?

I have no interest in food. Zero. Nada. Zilch!

I can actually eat ice cream without issue****** (not much, but it goes down easy) - there is ice cream in the freezer - I have no interest in it. I think the term would be 'can't be arsed'. I've never not been arsed to eat in my life!

Food smells nice but I am more than able to think 'that smells nice, but I'm not hungry' - unheard of previously.

I constantly have to remind my self to eat - and 'pekish' is about as hungry as I get and that's only after not eating for many, many hours. Say at lunch time when I haven't eaten since 6pm the previous evening.

I can't face breakfast what-so-ever. A few cups of tea/coffee and water is all i want at all until about 12pm.

I am not even looking forward to going onto puree next week.

It's awesome!! I've been a slave to food for at least a decade - I could cry at how happy I am not to be!

***** Update on that.... no I can't i dump when I eat Ice Cream or anything that's high in sugar!

Last edited:
Thats great the chains have been broken just be careful and make sure you eat the calories recomended. xx

Maybe i am going through a post-op honeymoon period, but seriously, did they operate on my brain too?

I have no interest in food. Zero. Nada. Zilch!

I can actually eat ice cream without issue (not much, but it goes down easy) - there is ice cream in the freezer - I have no interest in it. I think the term would be 'can't be arsed'. I've never not been arsed to eat in my life!

Food smells nice but I am more than able to think 'that smells nice, but I'm not hungry' - unheard of previously.

I constantly have to remind my self to eat - and 'pekish' is about as hungry as I get and that's only after not eating for many, many hours. Say at lunch time when I haven't eaten since 6pm the previous evening.

I can't face breakfast what-so-ever. A few cups of tea/coffee and water is all i want at all until about 12pm.

I am not even looking forward to going onto puree next week.

It's awesome!! I've been a slave to food for at least a decade - I could cry at how happy I am not to be!

Its because of the lack of ghrelin. Amazing isnt it! I have no interest in food in the mornings either, and if i am busy i can easily get to lunchtime without eating. A coffee will suffice!:D

Becky - I wanted to ask you how you are with stomach wind and burping - sorry lol

I am finding that to be another reason i can't eat very much. Tonight after a few spoons fulls of soup cream of tomato soup with a bit of grated cheese melted into it I started getting a lot of stomach wind and burping - and i can really feel it pushing against the restriction of the sleeve (and while it's not painful, it's not pleasant!). I then give up eating because I a)want the very tight feeling of the wind coming up through the sleeve to go away and b) loose my appetite.

I've literally now been burping constantly for the past 30 minutes since dinner.

it does seem to be more of a thing that happens at dinner time. I don't get it with tea or coffee or water and my lunch time soup doesn't seem to cause too much of it either.

Any experience with this?

Becky - I wanted to ask you how you are with stomach wind and burping - sorry lol

I am finding that to be another reason i can't eat very much. Tonight after a few spoons fulls of soup cream of tomato soup with a bit of grated cheese melted into it I started getting a lot of stomach wind and burping - and i can really feel it pushing against the restriction of the sleeve (and while it's not painful, it's not pleasant!). I then give up eating because I a)want the very tight feeling of the wind coming up through the sleeve to go away and b) loose my appetite.

I've literally now been burping constantly for the past 30 minutes since dinner.

it does seem to be more of a thing that happens at dinner time. I don't get it with tea or coffee or water and my lunch time soup doesn't seem to cause too much of it either.

I definately burp more than i used to, but its only after a proper meal, i dont get it with snacks. I Do sometime burp following drinks as well. I think its just that i have always been one to take is a lot a air as i eat, so i am trying not to; eg having a mouthful following breathing out, not eating gum. I was always a burper, the sleeve has exacerbated it. However, i am used to it now and am quite discreet;). With you, its probably just a case of everything settling down, and perhaps trying to consume it too fast?? Give it time, i expect it'll settle soon :)

One other thing. Are you taking your PPIs? omeprazole?

PPIs? omeprazole?

Are they the same thing - I am def taking my omeprazole every day.

Proton Pump Inhibitors

Omeprazole and Lansoprazole are both PPI's.

Proton Pump Inhibitors stop the gut producing so much gastric acid.

Ah Becky beat me to it by seconds !! I only just got online !!!

Hey Miss Malone, it's a great feeling isn't it :)

I have a band but now that my fill level is just right, I have the same feeling.

Love it :)

Isn't it brilliant not craving and thinking about food every minute of the day. I had terrible gas at the beginning when eating or drinking it does get better but I'm an awful burper now!

Sometimes when I'm at work I forget I need to be all ladylike!!

I've had terrible problems with this since bypass three months ago :( Particularly the gurgly stomach. I did take Kolanticon Gel which was fantastic but it constipated me so now I take Windeze chewable tablets which are amazing :) The Gp can increase the PPI dose to help with it too xx

I never had that "I could happily forget to eat". I almost wish I did. But when I get peckish/hungry, I get full SO fast it's amazing. And this is me at 14 months post op, and at goal. My restriction is still very good.

Back