• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Week

Loooy72

So after having had a good week the week before, my band seemed to go into tightness over drive! I was getting food stuck at every meal, having to bring it back up (not pleasant) and generally feeling not too great.

I was struggling to get down even fluids in the morning and when i was hungry (most the time as no food staying down) i resorted to chocolate, soup and ice cream, non of which i really enjoy, just to fill me up. I am usually a bread and crisp person and thankfully they are hard work.

So i had my weekly call with my counsellor today and i asked about a defill? Her response, no way! Live with and work with your band and it will work with you! OOoppsss!
Chew more, smaller bites and eat when no stress, if unable to do this then have slider food for that meal and go back to crunchy when you have time to eat slowly..... ie, when eating out with the family and your toddler is throwing a wobbly, it's not a good idea to try and eat crunchy as stress causes the band to tighten and you are less likely to have the time to chew properly!

So today i did everything right,
scrambled egg for breakie- so slow it was cold, but not stuck
small ceaser salad with chicken for lunch- 30 mins to eat but not stuck
roast gammon, mash and veg for tea- again 30 mins but not stuck!!

Yippee i feel great and not too bad on the hungry stakes. I think it is going to be a long road learning the right way to behave, but i now know i can do it.
3 stone 2lbs down and a size 16 for my holiday in 2 weeks, yippee

sorry for the ramble, just wanted to share my happiness!

Back