• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My sleeve and I

Today is the 8 month anniversary of my surgery and I'd just like to say that, other than marrying my husband, it was the best thing I have ever done in my entire life!

I'm 100 pounds down and healthier than I have been in a couple of decades at least. Ok, I still have health problems, but none that are related to my weight. Ok, I've lost some hair - which I would have done no matter which weight loss surgery I had as I am prone to post-surgery hair loss and also lost a lot of hair when I lost weight previously.

In the last 8 months I have not felt hungry once. Not ONCE! My food satisfies me - whereas before I just couldn't feel full.

My energy levels are higher than they have ever been since I was a teenager. Even my super fit youngest daughter begs for mercy when we go out these days.

Have I 'cheated' with food since surgery? Not once, there has been no need whatsoever. I no longer have any desire to eat crisps - something I never thought would happen.

Do I exercise? Yes, everyday - because I want to and because I enjoy it now .... plus there's all this excess energy!

So, I would like to convey my gratitude for being given the opportunity to have the surgery on the NHS, with an amazing team at Charing Cross Hospital.

At the age of 51, I finally feel like a worthy human being.

Love all round x

Last edited:
Thank you for such a lovely, happy and encouraging post. xxxx

Today is the 8 month anniversary of my surgery and I'd just like to say that, other than marrying my husband, it was the best thing I have ever done in my entire life!

I'm 100 pounds down and healthier than I have been in a couple of decades at least. Ok, I still have health problems, but none that are related to my weight. Ok, I've lost some hair - which I would have done no matter which weight loss surgery I had as I am prone to post-surgery weight loss and also lost a lot of hair when I lost weight previously.

In the last 8 months I have not felt hungry once. Not ONCE! My food satisfies me - whereas before I just couldn't feel full.

My energy levels are higher than they have ever been since I was a teenager. Even my super fit youngest daughter begs for mercy when we go out these days.

Have I 'cheated' with food since surgery? Not once, there has been no need whatsoever. I no longer have any desire to eat crisps - something I never thought would happen.

Do I exercise? Yes, everyday - because I want to and because I enjoy it now .... plus there's all this excess energy!

So, I would like to convey my gratitude for being given the opportunity to have the surgery on the NHS, with an amazing team at Charing Cross Hospital.

At the age of 51, I finally feel like a worthy human being.

Love all round x

You deserve each and every fantastic feeling you're experiencing now.

Wonderful ..... I am so pleased :0clapper:

Oh wow, what a fabulous post :D I am sooooo pleased for you, everything has come up roses for you! Im sure anyone waiting for surgery would feel so inspired by you, including our Kelly whos just got the OK for a sleeve......Thanks for sharing your lovely optimistic post with us XXX :553:

So uplifting to hear such an encouraging summary and I'm over the moon for you... wonderful progress and so glad you are feeling so much better for the weightloss.

Love and hugs xxx

Awww massive congrats, and such a lovely post xxx

Congratulations on your weight loss & new life .
You have inspired me too because Monday just gone I was told I may have to have a sleeve rather than bypass due to there may not be enough room for surgical instruments. I'm happy to have a sleeve but because I thought it was def a bypass this is what I have researched more. So hearing about good sleeve storys are fantastic.

Have u a diary blog I can follow ? If not I would love to hear more of your sleeve journey start to present..
Hugs xx

That is really a wonderful post! well done on your loss and positivity.

Thank you all. I really do think this forum has been a great asset on my journey so far. I know I don't post much these days, but that's mainly because I make it a rule to never sit down for more than half an hour at a time - gotta burn up some of this energy! x

Congratulations on your weight loss & new life .
You have inspired me too because Monday just gone I was told I may have to have a sleeve rather than bypass due to there may not be enough room for surgical instruments. I'm happy to have a sleeve but because I thought it was def a bypass this is what I have researched more. So hearing about good sleeve storys are fantastic.

Have u a diary blog I can follow ? If not I would love to hear more of your sleeve journey start to present..
Hugs xx
I have never set up a diary - perhaps I should think about doing one. Good luck to you hun and heal well from your recent surgery x

Back