• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet coke chicken

joey80

ok so i used to make this recipie called the above, i used diet coke 1 can, passata 7 tbl spoons, onions, peppers and chicken, the diet coke was reduced right down, ne way i know we not allowed fizzy drinks but do u think this would b ok???

I hope so as i love this recipie xx

Last edited:
I've always been told that when using in dishes to be cooked, you should only ever use 'Full Fat' Coke.
The sweeteners and the like in Diet Coke shouldn't be heated. :s

Yes I do!! All the bubbles will boil out during the cooking process. Sounds yummy by the way. There's one I like called Stella Chicken. I'll let you guess what's in that, lol xxx

i have cooked Gammon in 'full fat coke ' , I might try your chicken recipe it sounds tasty
Kate x

have u made that b4, i bet it nice, iv always used diet coke (well pepsi max) but they both the same, tha is sweet enough, ooo i cant wait now im on normal food on sun so i might make that xx

Ladies can you whisper please...I've got a couple more weeks before my taste buds wake up!!! Lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

have u made that b4, i bet it nice, iv always used diet coke (well pepsi max) but they both the same, tha is sweet enough, ooo i cant wait now im on normal food on sun so i might make that xx

I hope you enjoy it but be careful having chicken, I know you will be on 'normal' food but chicken can be a bit tricky at first.

I dont eat meat but my provider advises banders to avoid chicken breast for example until 3 months post op x

I hope you enjoy it but be careful having chicken, I know you will be on 'normal' food but chicken can be a bit tricky at first.

I dont eat meat but my provider advises banders to avoid chicken breast for example until 3 months post op x

omg u serious grrrrr wha about quorn would tha b the same xx

Check what your diet sheet says - you might be ok. Advice differs so much though x

Sounds lovely, but I had trouble with chicken for a while at first. I can eat it now but in the early days found only processed meats went down and stayed down. Everyone is different though so cook until very tender and chew carfeully... if it comes back up then you will know. Good luck with it x

Sounds lovely, but I had trouble with chicken for a while at first. I can eat it now but in the early days found only processed meats went down and stayed down. Everyone is different though so cook until very tender and chew carfeully... if it comes back up then you will know. Good luck with it x

Good advice Mandy re the cooking and chewing, what processed meats would you suggest some of the newbie banders could try? :D Sorry when it comes to meat I have no idea lol

Unfortunatly things dont always just come back up like that for banders - if its not meant to be it can get stuck which is not pleasent at all, it may then come back up or might shift if your lucky :eek:

eww im a bit pput off it now lol, think i might try it wiv veg instead, may be a good way to get me to eat veg as i no likey xx

Ah Im sorry Joey80 :eek: I feel bad now. Have you checked your diet sheet, maybe you could make it with an easier to eat part of chicken.

With the veggies sounds nice too though, let me know how it turns out, I might try it too x

it says meat n chicken to b avoided for 1st 3 months, glad u said i should really read through the book lol x

Phew dont feel so bad now - let me know if you do try it with veg, I was telling someone at work about your recipie and they were talking about beer chicken. Where you insert a can of beer or lager inside the bird - oh er!? xx

I am sure it ll still taste Yummy. I am making lots of stewed apples and buternut squash soup...ready for when I am back on Friday

Good advice Mandy re the cooking and chewing, what processed meats would you suggest some of the newbie banders could try? :D Sorry when it comes to meat I have no idea lol

Unfortunatly things dont always just come back up like that for banders - if its not meant to be it can get stuck which is not pleasent at all, it may then come back up or might shift if your lucky :eek:

Processed, reformed chicken peices, minced meats, cold slices of meat but again processed and reformed. The cheaper meats really... nice cuts of meat were a struggle for me. Then again I also struggled with cooked carrots!! Even if they were cooked until really soft they made me really uncomfortable and then came back up. Sorry, I did make that sound like it just comes back up and its not quite that simple as I was very uncomfortable for a while until it came up. Its so hard as everyone is different but stick with your providers advice and if you feel ready to try something new then try it at home and take it slowly. Good Luck xx

Back