• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dizzyness, light headed?

xxsarahxx

Just wondering why i keep getting the mentioned symptoms?
Has anyone had this problem x

xxsarahxx said:
Just wondering why i keep getting the mentioned symptoms?
Has anyone had this problem x

Hi Sarah

I'm now just over 7 months post op.
Since surgery (sleeve) quite often when I stand up I feel like I'm going to faint. I apparently now have 'postural' low BP.
Maybe this is what you have?

Xx

Hi,
I am nearly 4 weeks post op and have been experiencing the same symptoms a lot.
Lyndsey x

These symptoms, if persistent could easily be low BP. Get your GP or nurse to check it.

Was your blood pressure elevated pre op? My BP medication was reduce monthly as the weight reduced - 5min appointment with them should sort it out :)

Early on it seems to be a common problem due to lack of food, getting over the op, glucose levels going up and down etc...
At your stage it is worth you taking a visit to the docs and having a blood test, it could be your glucose, but you will prob find it is something simple they can easily sort out xx
Let us know how you get on hun xx

Do you get it when you're sitting wendy? Sarah gets it when she is sitting, not just when she gets up. I only get it when I stand up, or am standing or in the shower.

I've had this recently - didn't think to get my BP checked.
A couple of times when I've been stood for a while I've become light-headed, clammy, feeling like I'll pass out etc
Will have to make a GP appointment.
xXx

Do you get it when you're sitting wendy? Sarah gets it when she is sitting, not just when she gets up. I only get it when I stand up, or am standing or in the shower.

I have had it a couple of times when I have been sitting down watching tv and have turned my head

I have had it a couple of times when I have been sitting down watching tv and have turned my head

I have had that too, Wendy ... think my brain has come loose :eek::eek:

But in reality, I took my blood pressure sitting & standing & was shocked to see the standing one was 70/50 where it is usually around 125/75. So knew this was the reason. Guess my old bod is taking it's time adjusting :wave_cry: xx

Thanks guys, i've got an appointment booked to see the doc tomorrow so i'm going to ask him about it. In response to one of the above posts, no i didn't have raised blood pressure pre op, but you never know it could be low now. worth getting checked out i think x

blood pressure was perfect, doc thinks it's a lack of fluid and maybe not enough fruit and veg....thanks everyone for your support x

good news hun, glad it isnt anything serious.... now have that extra cup of tea!!! xxx

I had to see my weight management team last week and mentioned the light headedness and dizziness and they have said they want me to keep a food diary and have arranged a mixed meal test (similar to a glucose tolerance test but with food) in March

Funny reading this today because my first job at 8.30am in the morning is to ring and book an appointment with the nurse. I get terribly dizzy and light headed almost blacking out on occasins when I get up too quickly or even normally sometimes. I've noticed when I'm singing hymns in church it also makes me feel a bit light headed and breathless. Don't like this feeling at all. When I had my BP done a few weeks ago because of it it was spot on normal, I bet it will be different if I stand up for it.

Will up my fluids tomorrow, see if it makes any change.

Kate x

I had to see my weight management team last week and mentioned the light headedness and dizziness and they have said they want me to keep a food diary and have arranged a mixed meal test (similar to a glucose tolerance test but with food) in March

I had this done plus a 4 day hospital fast and they uncovered a condition called nesidioblastosis. Pain in the backside but well worth it to be thin.

im going through it at the mo too, got headaches n tiredness tooo, doc said my blood preassure is low when i stand up, and put it down to viral infection, cant wait to start feeling better o cause i cant go ne where or do ne thing x

I am not post op, but I get dizzy and light head quite a lot, especially when I haven't eaten very much, I always just assumed it was down to lack of eating, sort of feels like I will fall if I stand up and you can feel the earth spinning as well as tiredness and some shaking. Is it possabily because your body is trying to adjust to such little food?

i wish i could say it that for me but i had op in sept so my body have had plenty of time to adjust lol x

Back