• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

do I have to ????

pandora

finding my way again !
It's my daughters 16th today & we are going for a curry .
I jokingly asked if I needed to wash my hair first ( as it is rather greasy atm lol ) & she said yes & put make up on . Ok so I was gonna wash my hair , but do I really have to put make up on ????

Yes-you do need to put make up on! And you need to start moisturising day and night if you don't already ( I never did) because you are heading towards a new you . And that new you is glamorous ,and confident and happy-and worth it !
I never go out without my light foundation, mascara and lick of lippy. I just never bothered before and realise now it was part of the whole depressed, worthless, fat package I was in. I feel fantastic just with that touch of mascara.
p.s. you will also start to wear heels-no matter how much they hurt lol !
Of course you may feel differently but taking care of myself now really seems to help !
Have a great time
xx

Lol I have just read that to Charlii ( my daughter ) & she said " see " but I just feel like a painted doll .
Oh & the heels thing is more to do with having my ankle at that angle cos it is pin & plated after breaking it 12 yrs ago x

I don't even answer the door without make up on!

I agree about the makeup, I always apply it first thing in the morning. But no amount of weightloss would get me to wear high heels sorry!

I'm not , nor ever have been a make up girl lol , makes my eyes water :'( :'(

I've never worn make up and really don't know where to start - but today I purchased a starter pack of bare mineral make up! The lovely 12 year old saleswoman even gave me a lesson :)

New year, new me! At one point when she mentioned bronzer I said 'I don't want to end up looking like Jordan' ...... then thought 'Donna darling, that is NEVER going to be your problem'!!

Lets go for it girls!

So basically I'm being told to look after myself then lol
Ok I'll put a bit of mascara on , but don't think I have any lippy .... any make up I did possess has has been nicked !!

I hate wearing makeup and heels. I have never felt right, i have always felt like a man in drag!! God knows why because I have always been curvy and not a bit mannish! The couple of times over christmas that I went out I did wear a touch of mascar and some eyeliner and lippy just to make an effort but I think to myself, why bother when it wears off withing half an hour anyway. I do wear lovely clothes and very very nice perfumes though, and body creams and lotions. But to go to the shops or the bank or post office or walk the dog with make up on is a no no for me, just surplus to requirements. I would rather have a healthy natural 'glow' (for glow read purple tinge lol)
Lynne x

If your makeup is gone within half an hour you're not wearing the right makeup luv! I put mine on before 8 am.. and it's nearly 9 pm and it hasn't budged!

All very interesting indeed. We all have something that we do to make us feel confident it seems. I started with the Bare Escentuals too-you can't feel it's there. Being 5 ft 10 I've always been very sensitive about the man in drag thing but now in my late 40's |I realise that a hint of mascara makes me look more awake and a pale lip gloss just seems to perk me up. I got my mascara of QVC. It's called Mally and it stays on all day,- even though I rub my eyes LOL! I've had to buy a good sensitive eyes make up remover though or I'd look like a panda next day. The Bare Escentuals demo was really good as I had no idea what colours to choose or how to use it. The other thing I've started doing is painting my nails. I'm rarely without varnish these days. I think these things distract me from food and make me feel rewarded lol? Is that a bit sad?

Im an ex hairdresser and manicurist but to look at me you would think i worked on a farm !!!
Last make up i bought was over 2 years ago some mascara.
I have started to moisturise and wear a little make up but not gone as far as sorting my nails out yet they will take some work and not been to a hairdresser in over 20 years so that one still has to be tackled at some stage but i have started wearing a silver chain and braclet so im getting there slowly so if i have to buck my ideas up so do you !!!!!

Totally understand where you're coming from Cheryl. I've cancelled a night out on New Years Eve because of how i feel about myself (well, that, and being insulted by a 'friend' about my size:(),plus i am rarely seen without black, baggy clothes, little make-up and no jewellry, except earrings. Anything to stay hidden in the background. I'm looking forward to your transformation next year! No more hiding away for you! :)

I don't care how fat I got, I always wore make up. I am happy to go without during the day in the house, but if i go out I always wear it! I would feel like I hadn't even made the effore otherwise. I also love earrings, the danglier and sparklier the better. I have at least 100 pairs and I like to wear a different pair each day. I have always painted my toe nails but my finger nails are just plain ugly! They don't grow and they split and peel off. When I go on holiday I always get a set of Acrylics. I always wear perfume too.

Aw thanks Becky :)
I was attacked & made up by daughter , well foundation & mascara , which put me in a bad mood to go out . The make up just feels so heavy & false .
Once out though we had a fun evening , as there were 11 of us it diffused things .
Think I may have heartburn later though lol

When I was really fat I wanted to look as pretty as I could so makeup was even more important to me than it is now. And jewellery was the only thing I could buy that fitted, so I made sure I had lots of that, even if some of it was from Evans, so extra large bracelets for fat wrists.

Marie , I almost feel a little jealous .
It does not occur to me to wear make up unless someone says , the same with perfume . As I can't wear jewelry or have my nails done for work , I forget to put them on to go out .
Saying that going out is a rarity lol

Back