• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know it's supposed to happen at about 3-4 months but ...

slimmerkay

... my hair is going already :eek:

I had a shower this morning and as I wear glasses, but obviously don't in the shower, I don't always see things.

Anyway, went to bath the boys just now and obviously then had my glasses on. OMG, there was a pile of my hair in the plughole :eek: Far far more than the normal fall out I get when I wash and condition my hair.

I have very thick hair so can take quite some loss but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

mine started coming out not long afte my op, like u say not loads, but more than usual, and its about the same now, but my hair dosnt look abnormally thin, although i can tell its not as thick. i wouldnt worry about it at least not unless it gets really bad.

Thanks ladies. Not really worried about more just shocked really.

Protein intake is causing me a problem at the mo. I cannot eat meat and cannot stomach those protein drinks. And not really getting enough from cheese or eggs.

I've seen some protein bars in Holland and Barrat that are low enough in sugar for me to have so going to get some of those tomorrow.

Mine started to come out around six to eight weeks post op and continued to fall out fast until around seven or eight months, at which time it slowed down and bits began to regrow, the underneath became fuzzy and fluffy but at least it was coming back, no more leaving masses of my hair all over town.
It is almost getting back to normal now and only really falls out when I go through a phase of fast weight loss, which isnt often now so its all good.
It will possibly be distressing for you (I recall standing in the shower in floods of tears holding hands full of hair) but it WILL stop and will come back.
Steph xx

do you know what guys... this is one thing that could sop me getting my wls... obviously i wont and WILL go for my surgery, BUT when i think of it, and maybe losing my hair it makes me go into a massive blind panic etc :( it really frightens me x

I'm not taking any supplements for hair loss no. In fact I'm not taking my multi vit as yet because it's such a huge capsule and I'm struggling to swallow it yet.

To be honest I cannot stomach the thought of taking one more flaming tablet. I rattle as it is!

As Nadine says, ever positive... it will regrow, don't let this put you off Kell, you have such a beautiful face, any style will suit you... I can never get over Nadine's photo's and the way her face has changed shape, she looks amazing...

Keep positive... which supplements would you recommend Allie? Thank you for your text, lovely to hear from you over the weekend and as always great to read your positive posts...

Love and hugs... xxx

Hi Zoe, that's kind... was just about to reply to your email... sounds almost edible Zoe! Love and hugs xxx

Its a pleasure Bev glad you enjoyed your weekend. As for supplements i originally started with Perfectil but realised the much cheaper Boots own version did the same job £18 versus £5. Karen you are coming up to the 6 week mark and thats when you should be advised to start taking your supplements. I know its daunting and worrying to think you might choke or be sick with the size of them lol i think i vitually held my breath waiting for it to happen. It didn't though they are gel capsules and go down easily. As for the hair tablets they can easily be broken in half to help you out. Glad you are not too worried cause i asked my hairdresser about this and she said the more you worry about hair loss the worse that loss becomes. Just try and get onto the supplements if you can bear it they have helped me x

Your Lansoprazole can be opened and taken with yoghurt or Actimel (dont chew the granules).

Solvazinc 125mg diluted in a small amount of water x 3 times a day:

Buy Solvazinc Tablet 3x30, £19.99, Zinc Products, Online Pharmacy

Silica Complex x 2 a day and Biotin x 2 a day, available here:

Discount Vitamins & Herbal Supplements from Puritan's Pride | Puritan UK

The Silica Complex tablet is big but crumbly and the Biotin capsule can be opened so both can be taken with a little yoghurt, milk or Actimel.

I wouldn't recommend opening your Forceval capsule - VERY messy and does not mix. Maybe try Bassetts Soft'n'Chewy vits just now?

MY PROTEIN Impact Whey has a great taste:

Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements - Myprotein)

Hope it works for you.

As always, positive and encouraging Allie... a great tip about the Boots products and it's good to hear your positive account.

Thanks also for your text Allie, it was really lovely to hear from you yesterday and my friend had a great 60th Birthday, that was our reason for going, so we made the most of every minute for her... I didn't do the shops as I would like or any late nights, but we sure had a great time and we have a 'no moaning policy' hahaha... every time we go away, we always say we'll moan when we get home if we need to... as we love to join in and enjoy ourselves when we do get out and I have a really good hubby at hand... thanks to him and my Sister, all went well but I'm always pleased to be back in my own bed... plus have the rail as I struggle to turn.. so it was all good thank you Angels... love and hugs xxx

Back