• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know it's supposed to happen at about 3-4 months but ...

Have you tried the myprotein whey protein? This is the one I like the best I have loads if you want a sample? Its actually really nice as icecream x

Oh that's nice of you sweetie. Our eldest takes protein drinks all the time (he lifts weights) so I can try his as ice cream. So I make it up and then just freeze it?

Thanks everyone else - really helpful points here.

Ann great info and links there. Worth adding to that you can get Lanzoprasole in fast tab version so they melt in your mouth. I also take vitamin b complex tabs seems to keep vit b12 levels up as i've never needed an injection to date. Do you use protein powders or shakes Ann? I tried once and never again lol fortunatly i've been lucky there too with my levls and not taking them never slowed down my loss but i know some others swear by them it just shows again how different we all are after the same ops x

Oh that's nice of you sweetie. Our eldest takes protein drinks all the time (he lifts weights) so I can try his as ice cream. So I make it up and then just freeze it?

Thanks everyone else - really helpful points here.

Yeah just make with milk and shove in the freezer (its better with an icecream maker but this does the job!) Just let me know if you want to try this one, ive got a sample ready to go for someone else hehe x

karen, regarding protein bars, tesco and i would imagine most supermarkets do atkins bars, they are about six pounds for 5 bars and are really nice, perfect for bypassers and very very nice,

Oh pleaseeee dont make me bald :eek: I already have some hair loss at the front, dunno if its meds or genetic, mu Mum was a bit thin on top! Ive always had loads and loads of thick hair but the last few years the fron has gone really thin.....Ive got skin hair and nails tablets but cant take them yet....I hope I dont have it too bad XX

I'm with you Jacqui. The sleep apnoea band has already caused my hair to break at the temples and the back. I'm thinking about having it all cut to the same length and having my hair natural for a while. I feel a bit like the bald guy who combs a few wisps across the top, but mine is the back.

Rebirthxx

Im the baldy man too :eek: lol.......I spend ages in the mirror spraying it and moving little bits here and there trying to cover it, I can see my scalp but the family say its me.....I know its not! :D XX

Allie, I'm taking the powder mixed with some milk (gets you about 28g of protein in a 150ml drink). I also tried the ready mixed shots - 42g of protein per shot but the taste is pretty hard to stomach.
I'd highly recommend the powder from MY PROTEIN -they do samples of all the flavours but i found Strawberry, Banana, Raspberry and Vanilla the best.

I have been having protein shakes from the start and have been taking loads of supplements specifically for my hair since just before I started my pre-op diet. I take silica, biotin, b vitamins, zinc, calcium and iron as well as my multi-vits. In addition I take flaxseed oil and massage my scalp every day. I've tried every kind of shampoo recommended (including the elvive man's thickening shampoo). And .... my hair is coming out in handfuls and is extremely thin at the front. I now wear a hat more or less all the time when I'm out.

Husband wants me to eat more - as he said, do I really want to be thin and bald? My answer was that I don't want to be fat and hairy (been there, seen it, done it!) x

I'd rather be thinner any day too...

When I first had my chemotherapy I used a wig and managed to get a couple of beauties to wear when I went out, so I worked my way around it and kept trying my best, plus I went a shade or two lighter with the wigs to treat myself to a new look ...

It's hard to find products that suit everyone and I've already decided, a shorter cut will do me fine in the future, less work and I'm expecting it.. but for sure there is no way I can go on carrying all of this weight.

I'm hoping to do the best with what I have and that's the way I have to look at life in general...

Sending love and hugs to everyone xxx

Bev, I was lucky that I didn't lose my hair when I had my chemo, but I did buy a wig just in case. I'm tempted to start wearing it again .... but may leave it until after halloween in case I look like a witch! x

Make the most of what we have...

You are right precious and all we can do is do our best with what we have... now Halloween may have some advantages come to think of it!

Our journeys are difficult enough at times in so many ways... but ultimately... it's the weight that I want to disappear... if it means hair too... then I've worked around it before and I'll do it again...

I'm not one for giving up and I always say, there's only one way for it and that has to be 'best foot forward'... whatever we are faced with. :wave_cry:

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

I'm going to ask my gp about something for my hair loss as it is happening quite a bit now. And i had my hair cut shorter so i wouldn't notice doh!!!

i am with you girls, i have started only washing my hair twice a week cos i just cant bear to see all the hair in the bath and on the side, its heartbreaking. I wear it tied back all the time as everytime i look down i have left hair there, its embarrassing at work, i keep telling myself its not forever, and i wont go bald (fingers crossed) and i am loving the weight loss, i knew it was part of the package when i signed up, just got to hang in there, its all going to be so worth it!!
xxx

karen, regarding protein bars, tesco and i would imagine most supermarkets do atkins bars, they are about six pounds for 5 bars and are really nice, perfect for bypassers and very very nice,
I use the atkins protein bars, i get them from tesco, they are quite yummy too, they taste like those trackers bars, nutty with chocolate too
xxxx

I lost quite a bit of hair as well and took every supplement known to man and eat over 70 grams of protein a day. But the hair grows back and I would rather be 7 1/2 stone lighter and have thinner hair any day of the week.

I think it always looks worse to us than it does to everyone else.
I just tell people i'm malting still lol
I spent a large portion of the last 10 years with my hair in dreadlock & braid extensions so it's probably just thankful to have a break :D i miss my dreads but i know it will be a long while before i can even think of putting them back in.

tho now the shape of my face has changed quite a bit i am thinking of getting my hair cut short....just never thought it would look right on me before lol

I think you would suit it short, the pic on your profile with the scarf on looks like you have short hair and that suits you :D XX

Back