• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do i want results too quickly?

annemieke_loves

Hi guys, I know it's early days,had my bypass Wednesday eve, but I came home today and stupid me decided to step on scales. I haven't lost any weight since surgery, and now I feel a bit disappointed?! Did I just expect results too quickly,or am I not doing things right? I didn't take fluids until 48 hrs after surgery.

When did the weightloss start with others?

Hi guys, I know it's early days,had my bypass Wednesday eve, but I came home today and stupid me decided to step on scales. I haven't lost any weight since surgery, and now I feel a bit disappointed?! Did I just expect results too quickly,or am I not doing things right? I didn't take fluids until 48 hrs after surgery.

When did the weightloss start with others?

Don't worry. I came out of hospital 5lb heavier than I went in. Give it time and your body will kick into action

Hi, I was going to say the same as above. I was 9lb heavier when I came out, an it soon dropped off and some. It will soon be coming off for you too.

in answer to your title question.... Yes you do!!

Give your body the time to recover....this journey is a marathon and not a sprint!

people are often heavier post surgery due to the air they pump in during surgery so they can see your organs, hence all the wind. big burps needed!

people are often heavier post surgery due to the air they pump in during surgery so they can see your organs, hence all the wind. big burps needed!

Lol luckily I haven't really had much wind pain. I only need to take 2 paracetamol a day so far,hope it stays that way lol

Don't worry.... Before long you will see it all melt away...x

Same here I did not lose any weight at all during the hospital stay, only started at home slowly afterwards. But don't worry, you will lose weight soon. I know what you mean though, I stepped on the scales right away as well.

Couldn't resist to weigh myself this morning (I know I shouldn't lol!)
Before pre op diet I was 122.5 kg, on day of the op 117,5 and today 6 days post op I'm 113,2 kg!!

Well chuffed,I've never managed to lose much weight, I cried of joy this morning!

I've already been on scales only 4 days post op my reason being my me had bought them for me as I had none - I'm going to do my weigh in on a Friday my weight was the same as my op

I've already been on scales only 4 days post op my reason being my me had bought them for me as I had none - I'm going to do my weigh in on a Friday my weight was the same as my op

That's what happened to me yesterday, lol,same weight as op.
I'm pleased as I've lost some today,despite being on my period lol. I'm going try to weigh just on wednesdays,day of op.
Xx

If I am lucky enough to have surgery; I have decided to weigh every 6 weeks. I have spent a lifetime jumping on and off scales and I want that to stop as well as my bad food habits.

Its great that you have now started losing though, congratulations! xx

If I am lucky enough to have surgery; I have decided to weigh every 6 weeks. I have spent a lifetime jumping on and off scales and I want that to stop as well as my bad food habits.

Its great that you have now started losing though, congratulations! xx

Lol, that was my intention, but it's hard not to hop on them, when you're so desperate for result!
Hopefully you'll have your op soon too

Gosh,don't know whats wrong with me today! I'm sooooo grumpy! Physically I'm doing fine, but mentally it's hard today,don't know if it's the weather, my ladies week lol, my usual routine being disturbed by husband being off, kids squabbling or everyone eating nice foods and I'm not able to joint in :-(

For the last few nights I've had some bizarre dreams, all about food, and in my dreams I made all these plans to eat all sorts of stuff,and in the dream I was thinking about the stuff we have in the house and what I could eat??!! So random?!

Sometimes for me, when I get very moody and grumpy, it is because my sugar is low. Could be wrong but that's what I've experienced. X

I made the mistake of comparing myself to my friend who had her op the day before me. she was losing faster than me and i was disheartened 10 weeks on and our weight loss of 35lbs each is the sameeveryones journey is an individual one and happens at different rates once we can get our heads round it the better. Its so difficult when most of us have spent years looking at scales but finally i can see that i am in control and that is empowering keep following your food plan and you too will see your weight drop good luck

Back