• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the loosing side at last !!

BlondeMoment

Hi Guys

Just thought i would update you on what has happened over the past few days.

On wednesday i went into the Royal Hallamshire Hosp at about 2pm,even though my proceedure wasnt until thursday morning.i had the usual bloods taken,blood sugar check,blood pressure,then left alone for the evening.
Thursday 10am i was taken down to have the ballon inserted,i was asked if i wanted local anesthetic which i decided i did as it might help to stop the gipping.
I was also given a spray to the back of my throat and asked to lay on my left side,a camera,and a tube with the balloon were inserted down my throat and before i knew it,i was being told all completed.
Back in recovery the nurse asked if i wanted to see a pic of the balloon in my tummy,i didnt believe how big it looked.
Then i was whisked off back to my room.

The pain wasnt to bad,just bad stomach cramps,i was told to drink as much as possible but slowly,i asked what time i could go home(as i was lead to believe approx 4 hrs observation then home)the nurse replied it wont be today or tomorrow :eek: as they needed to keep observations on my input and my output,to be honest over the next few hours whatever i drank came back the same way,i had a anti sickness pill and sure enough that came back,so i was given extra fluids,anti sickness,anti acid,and pain relief all through a drip.

Luckily i didnt have any problems going to the loo (that was also monitored as well)

Friday was much the same i managed to drink water but i made the mistake of trying a coffee and sure enough it came back a little while later.so back on the drp i went again.
Saturday morning i was told i could have breakfast :eek:,that was going to be fun,i decided to have a weetabix,i managed half but i did keep it down,then at lunchtime i had a slimfast, so far so good,i thought.
The doctor came around to say if i managed to eat 2 meals i could go home later that evening around 8pm,which i am pleased to say i did.

Sunday morning and the stomach cramps are kicking in again not sure if they hunger pains as well,so going to get something to eat or drink now.

On a ending note i must say the nursing staff on K2 at the Royal Hallamshire in Sheffield were great,i couldnt have asked for better care.

xxxx

Welcome back Di, and welcome to the losing side! Glad it went ok for you, I hope you manage to adjust to it quickly and here's to some great weight loss!

At last youre on the side where you deserve to be!
Congratulations on getting your balloon, sounds like the first few days have been rough bt there's nothing like getting back to your own home, bed, etc to make you recover and get back to normal quicker!
Just take it easy. You sound like youre doing great and listening to your tummy when youre full which is good!

Is there anything youre not allowed to do in the first few weeks?

Hi Di so glad your back and all done this time!....I look forward to following your progress as I have not come across anyone in the early stages of a balloon before. Now take it easy and keep us posted....((hugs))....xx

Thanx everyone for your good wishes,

The diet i have to follow is the same as the bypass and banders diet,fluids,sloppy then textured which seems a long way off as just a slim fast drink is repeating on me at the moment but i know its early days.

Since joining Minimins i have read many posts about the good and bad days,which has been a eye opener but given me a insight into what i could go through during my journey for the next 6 months.

Cant weight for that ticker to start moving at last :D

many thanx again

xxx

Di are you coming to the Manchester meet in November? it's not that far from notts to manchester :D

Di are you coming to the Manchester meet in November? it's not that far from notts to manchester :D

I would love to but it is in the middle of my night shifts :cry:. hopefully i will be able to make it to the next one.

I am sure you will let us all know what u got up to ,or maybe not Lol.

xxx

Back