• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do we need Medical alert after op?

witchingmoon

I was reading that bypass patients need to have a medical alert after the op saying they have had it and No NSAIDS or No Blind NG Tubes.

This is the first I have read about it and was wondering if anyone else has one?

I don't mind carrying a card in my wallet but wouldn't fancy a bit of Jewelry

no idea, but good to see you posting again :) how u doing? xxx

I've never heard anything bout it, you wud think we wud get told if we are to carry something xx

I didnt fancy advertising the fact I've had surgery, so I've got a keyring that simply says 'card in wallet' then all my medical details including the telephone number of my surgeon at L&D Hospital are on that card. You can also get jewellery that says 'card in wallet'

Hi in America all patients are given them, you can get a card printed out... i hope she doesdnt mind but if you speak to MarieW on here, i think she has a link to get one printed out xx

no idea, but good to see you posting again :) how u doing? xxx

I am doing well thanks hun. Eating better now on mashed. Have lost 3st 3lbs in last 6 weeks so am a happy bunny, Hope your well x

I am doing well thanks hun. Eating better now on mashed. Have lost 3st 3lbs in last 6 weeks so am a happy bunny, Hope your well x
wow thats amazing!!! well done honey :) yep im fine thanks :) xxx

Hi in America all patients are given them, you can get a card printed out... i hope she doesdnt mind but if you speak to MarieW on here, i think she has a link to get one printed out xx

Sorry Rayne, I haven't got a link for these, The wording an a medic alert should read, No blind Ng tube, No Nsaids, No simple sugars. x

Sorry Rayne, I haven't got a link for these, The wording an a medic alert should read, No blind Ng tube, No Nsaids, No simple sugars. x

Thanks hun am just getting myself one printed one side medical information and the other side a Special Menu request saves having two cards on me :)

Thanks hun am just getting myself one printed one side medical information and the other side a Special Menu request saves having two cards on me :)

Are you printing it yourself? If so , I would pay you to do one for me.xx

Last edited:
We've chatted about having a med alert jewellery or printed card at our support group this evening. We all agreed that it was an excellent idea particular those that are/have been diabetic. I also know that some hospitals issue a wallet card about surgery so you can purchase a child's meal because of our eating condition.

Are you printing it yourself? If so , I would pay you to do one for me.xx

No I have ordered it from a printers but it comes in a pack so will have some free lol. If you PM me your email I will send a pic see if its any good for you hun as I can't work out how to upload pics here. x

No I have ordered it from a printers but it comes in a pack so will have some free lol. If you PM me your email I will send a pic see if its any good for you hun as I can't work out how to upload pics here. x

Hi sweet I to am also interested, Hope you don't mind but i have messaged you for details. FANTASTIC weightloss so pleased for you xxx

I carry a keyring fob with details of my diabetes and my heart attack so I may send it back and ask if they can add the other details to it too. The girl who engraved it is also a member of the parenting forum I use and we've done stuff for each other so she might do it for me. I've also got a pendant type one but I rarely wear it unless I'm driving a long way etc. or think I'm going to be doing something dangerous lol.

Kate x

I have an SOS talisman ( a necklace with a piece of paper in it) with my health problems on it. I simply added to it about my op. It gives peace of mind. It also has a car sticker so that if you crash the emergancy services know to look for it.

Back