• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you like food?

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
Since i had my bypass i've had a real aversion to food... Some of this would be down to my stricture as it meant for a long time i could only eat slider foods or liquids.

I had my stricture dilated 3 weeks ago and can manage to eat a bit more than i used to but still find i really don't want it.... I think it's the chewing - does anyone else find that chewing the life out of food now makes it taste so bland - it actually makes me feel sick...Where as if i have soup or yoghurt i'm fine. I am due to have another stretch next week so i'm hoping things will improve a bit more after that as i also get a bit of pain in my side sometimes as the food is going through....Does anyone else feel like they can't be bothered to eat?

I've also had terrible diarrhea since i came out of hospital , my diet hasnt really changed that much - i put it down to the anti-biotics initially as it is one of the side effects but i finished them over a week ago and still have it - i'm wondering if it's down to everything going through much quicker now - will speak to my team about it though.

sorry your having so much hastle.
when you talk to your team ask them if it could be the fast tabs. i had a bad reaction to them.

Sorry to hear you are having probs i really hope they get it sorted out for you soon. You are still fairly early stages and i certainly found it was all trial and error as to what i could eat at 4 months post op. The chewing is alien to us and thats why we find it difficult its new to us. That said as time goes on you won't have to chew quite as thoroughly.I'm the opposite which worries me i seem to be hungry all the time and want to eat but i'm a year post op. I'm sure once they sort out the medical side things should improve for you. Big hugs x

Nope i love food still. Don't chew as much as i should at times though. Hope things improve for you soon xx

sorry your having so much hastle.
when you talk to your team ask them if it could be the fast tabs. i had a bad reaction to them.

Don't think it's the fast tabs Sue as the toilet issues only started a couple of weeks ago but will keep it in mind, thanks :)

Sorry to hear you are having probs i really hope they get it sorted out for you soon. You are still fairly early stages and i certainly found it was all trial and error as to what i could eat at 4 months post op. The chewing is alien to us and thats why we find it difficult its new to us. That said as time goes on you won't have to chew quite as thoroughly.I'm the opposite which worries me i seem to be hungry all the time and want to eat but i'm a year post op. I'm sure once they sort out the medical side things should improve for you. Big hugs x

Thanks Gaelic Girl, i do get a bit hungry sometimes and i might look at a roast dinner for instance and really fancy it but as soon as i start to eat it i stop wanting it lol.

The only food that I gain any pleasure from is fruit and then it is only raspberries (mmmmmmmmm) melon and strawberries (not always but certain times) and embarrassingly I make sex noises when I eat them (mmmmmm, ohhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh lol) not loudly in public obviously lol
I also adore coffee, but that is a liquid so it doesnt count.
Chewing food the amount we are supposed to makes eating VERY boring and it is very easy to not want to bother with it.
Ah well eh, its all part of the journey and for me its worth it.
Steph xx

Nope i love food still. Don't chew as much as i should at times though. Hope things improve for you soon xx

I hope so too... There are times when i really miss food lol x

hello..my name's carol, i met you and your daughter in the waiting room at luton and dunst when i attended my first appointmet. im now waiting for my triple appointment on 30th sept. can u tell me what next and how long it took for u from the triple ap till surgery. also, good luck to your daughter,she seemed a lovely girl. p.s i was the welsh woman with my husband when i spoke to you. trying to get to grips with this site..can u send a one to one message on here?x this reply is for soon to be slim sue but i havent a clue how to get it to her, hope she reads this

Kat i hope your love of food returns :)

Chinsaway you need 50 posts before you can send one to one messages.. Go on the word association game, you can keep posting till you get there :) xx

Back