• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little Update

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
So far since my Gastric bypass 5 months ago i've lost a total of 86 pounds :D and a total of 111 pounds since around February.

I'm so happy with this and although i still have around 4.5 stone to go my confidence has improved so much. I feel like i can do so much more. People at work say it's like working with a different person.

I went to Thorpe park and went on the rides last month with my son which was one of the things he was desperate for me to do with him.

I can tie my shoe laces easily

I just started jogging at the gym, although i don't do it for long i'm building it up slowly.

I'm in size 18 clothes :D my wardrobe is also looking very thin lol

I have had a stricture and had to have it dilated twice already - i'm also going to have to have it done at least one more time. This has meant it's been quite difficult to progress onto more solid food. I do find i stick to more slider food because of a fear of it getting stuck. I've also found i don't dump.. Which i actually don't mind... I have the occasional treat and i think this is healthy as long as you do it in moderation.

Despite the problems i've had , including my hair falling out - i would definately do this over again.. My only regret is not doing it 10 years ago... It's not an easy ride but it's soooo worth it. :)

cherry

well done on your loss sweets.. you ve done amazing... can i just ask a quick question hope u dont mind, how bad was the hair loss?, and does it settle down and go back to normal? xxx

Neen

WLS Moderator
It's brilliant to hear how great you're doing inspite of the stricture difficulties! I have to say you look gorgeous and I thought your hair looks lovely in your new pic...you look so much younger as well...the change is fabulous ! You sound so upbeat and happy with life and it's awesome to know how your life has changed for the better! Thankyou for keeping us posted on your progress and take care xxx

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
Hiya, Hairloss is pretty bad and i have extremely thick hair... But it only really notices to me and people who know me really well... I don't have any bald patches or anything. I'm still losing it but not quite as much as i was - It will grow back though so i wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
Thankyou Neen , thats lovely of you to say so - I really appreciate it :D My hair was cut and coloured the other day after being neglected for months and have to say even something like that makes you feel so much better

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
Great news. Have you been getting enough protein? Thats a big factor with hair xx

I try to zns but i probably don't get enough in..I have protein shakes still.. The dietician told me it's more to do with the rapid weight loss

ladylite

Well done hun and you look stunning in your profile picture.

Thank you for posting you positive comments even though you have had more ups and downs than some, it is good to know about the down side too.

Hope everything continues to go well for you and I am sure it will as you do sound so upbeat.

Katastrophe

Love My Bypass !
Well done hun and you look stunning in your profile picture.

Thank you for posting you positive comments even though you have had more ups and downs than some, it is good to know about the down side too.

Hope everything continues to go well for you and I am sure it will as you do sound so upbeat.

Thankyou Ladylite , have to say you are doing fantastically as well - i bet you feel amazing!

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
well done on ur weight loss and for being able to go on the rides with ur son, i carnt wait to be able to done get me wrong i can fit but with a squeeze and also while im in the que i panic and keep thinking will i fit will i fit not a nice feeling at all so i try to avoid fun fairs as much as possible but my sons 7 and wants to go hopefully ill soon be putting up a message about being thin enough to go on with him.
ive just had a baby well hes 4 months and lately im loosing loads of hair eveyday my brush is full and theres hairs everywhere, iv got thick hair and my hair dresser said its looking thinner, i put it down to just having a baby hormones being all over the place, maybe its ur hormones too hun bcus ive seen a few ppl write on here that there periods r messed up a bit since so maybe this is why im goin my drs cus its too much now someone said they can give me supplements so might b worth a try for u too.
all the best u look fab xx

keeley86

or try that mens hair thickener shampoo that bev mentioned!? i think steph said its on offer at asda at the moment too!
well done on your weight loss luv sounds like your doing realli well and that your realli enjoying life now, being pre op myself its good to know you still dont regret it with the ups and down that you have had!
good luck with hitting your goal luv all the best xxx

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
Its so good to see you back and doing well despite the strictures. Hopefully they will get that all sorted out for you soon. Don't worry about the hair loss mine went on for 7-9 months and like you having started with very thick hair there was plenty to lose. At 18 months out mine is now coming back and I'm glad its no longer quite as thick as that can bring its own problems.

Take care and continue enjoying your bypass

M

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Your doing fantastic! Keep going! Funny how our little achievements mean so much, one of the nicest things ive been able to do is to go on my daughters trampoline with her! You should be very proud of yourself! xxx

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
Heya :)

Am releived to see you back and looking so good. Glad all went well and I hope that the next time you have the stricture dilated it will sort the problem out once and for all. :)

Your doin fantastic Xx