• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do You Think Im eating enough/too much?

Staffiemum

Hi Im 4 weeks post op today. Been on sloppies for the past week. This is what I ate yesterday. Do you think Im eating too much or not enough. My weight has stayed the same for the past 2 weeks I have lost 2 1/2 stone in total so far.
Am I just expecting too much too soon? Havent started any exercise yet apart from walking - waiting for 6 weeks mark so that I can go back to swimming.

This is what I had to eat yesterday. This is the most that I have eaten and drunk to date:

4 x tea, 1 x latte = 2050 mls

Brekkie = 1/2 portion of porridge
Lunch = 1 x scrambled egg with 1 tsp Philly Lite
Snack = 1 x dutchcrispbake with 1 tsp Philly Lite (tried this for the 1st time and had no problem with it)
Dinner = 1 x ww shepherds pie (I ate the whole thing)
Snack = 1 x sugar free jelly (made up) 1/4 portion
2 x sugar free ice lollies

I know myself its difficult to tell also the soft diet can go down almost too well but it looks ok to me

dont worry staffie, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything it gets! Once it realises that its not going to be starved you will start losing again, chin up :) xxx

Hi , i am 4 weeks post op on friday and i am eating similar amounts for my breakie lunch and dinner, but i am finding hard to snack. It seems to be a choice of fluid or food and fluids win. I am eating anywhere bewteen 700 - 1000 cals a day and am in gerneral my protien is on average 60 grms . I can introduce nuts and seeds next week to get both the cals and protien up , but on the whole i think voumue and contents are about the same. I had lost 15 lb upto last friday and a stone pre op so a total of 29 lbs ( looks good when it's written that way). Early days yet but feeling hopefull that in a few months i will be another couple of stones lighter. Good luck with your journey.

Back