• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Doctor advice

Billie.x

Hi Guys,
I went to the doctors last Thursday to ask about a band on the NHS;
The doc sent me away while he found out some information as he said he had never referred anyone before,
He called me back in the afternoon and said that I wouldn't be able to apply as I don't have diabetes or the sleep condition.
I've done a bit of research and spoke to somebody from the NHS Thurrock CCG and they said that its not mentioned in the NHS England Policy so I should go back to my GP.
'Ive booked a appointment for tomorrow but I have no idea what to say to the doc :s
Any advice ???
Thanks
xxxx

Maybe its worth contacting them again and asking them to email you the relevant info so you can take it with you x

could be your gp isnt up with the latest guidelines so if you had the info to take would sure help

Just been to docs and it's sounding positive.
I took all the information I found and he read through
He's asked me to compile some evidence from my weight management group and any evidence of diets in the past !! He's going to make the referral. :)!

What's the process from here on ?

Thanks

X

sounds good they do a referral you will then hear from whatever hospital he/she has referred you to and it goes from there good luck

Back