• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Turned down for funding

Maphillips

I just got back from hospital saw mr ackroyd who said he is prepared to do my gastric bypass he did say the odds have a more risk he said 2-3% but I said I agree my bmi was 47 but have sleep apnea and high blood pressure but he applied by phoning rotherham pct and because I have not been on there rio programme they said no way so he has now to write to my doctor to get me referred to there weight management programme what can take upto 6 months to get on and I have to be on it for 9-12 months before they will put me forward for the funding he was says to me he had a lady who waited a yr and had complications so could then not be operated on
Feel a bit down But mr ackroyd did say yes he feels it's got less of a risk at 47 bmi than if I grow to 55 in a yrs time because that's what he feels I will be at
He also is very unhappy with Rotherham pct as there rio project has no doctors or dietician just psychiatrists who talk about it And why your fat he feels when he get the patient there more at risk
I will give it a go and pester them also I am going to write to the pct and ask them that it's wrong I meet there criteria but still cannot get it also going to ask my councillor to write to the pct too
Sorry for going on a bit but upset
Thanks for listening
Mark

oh mark im so sorry :( good luck with trying xxx

I am sorry they have not let you have funding. Do keep on at them though. Good luck

I am me ackroyd asked me to get my doctor to send pct a letter he is and feels if I see my local councillor he might put a letter in would help I am going to complain to them tomorrow too as on the. Bospa web site I need to be over 45 I am 47.6 so over now they want me to attend weight management classes I think if there was a doctor or dietician then yes would be good but to sit around in a group every week is just a waste off my time and there's
We're not alcoholics or gamblers were over weight so I feel they treat us with no respect

Maphillips said:
I am me ackroyd asked me to get my doctor to send pct a letter he is and feels if I see my local councillor he might put a letter in would help I am going to complain to them tomorrow too as on the. Bospa web site I need to be over 45 I am 47.6 so over now they want me to attend weight management classes I think if there was a doctor or dietician then yes would be good but to sit around in a group every week is just a waste off my time and there's
We're not alcoholics or gamblers were over weight so I feel they treat us with no respect

Have you got any proven weight loss attempts with your GP to back up your appeal mate? X

Sorry you have been turned down, can the surgeon help you appeal on your behalf??

Hi yes I have had a gastric band but it ate into my stomach wall so had to have it removed could not be repositions so took it out in July I lost 10 stone with it in 2 and a half years so worked well just cannot understand why they won't support it when surgeon agrees and I am still in there guide lines
Mark

Maphillips said:
Hi yes I have had a gastric band but it ate into my stomach wall so had to have it removed could not be repositions so took it out in July I lost 10 stone with it in 2 and a half years so worked well just cannot understand why they won't support it when surgeon agrees and I am still in there guide lines
Mark

On them grounds it sounds like your best bet is to start making noise. They know you have tried, done very well, but for medical reasons had to have your band removed. Very best of luck to you mate x

So sorry about your news. Hope your appeal go through ok

So sorry Mark BUT it sounds like your surgeon is behind you so keep fighting - fingers crossed x

Aw so sorry uve been turned down Hun fight fight fight u will win good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So sorry hun I had to go to Weigh Ahead first before they would consider me I was done under Mr Patel in Sheffield. Hope it works out for u xx

It shows your commitment if you attend weight management.I know thats not what you want to hear but it took me over 2 1/2 years to get surgery.Best of luck.Maz x

Why is it some PCT's are just full of a bunch of F***** twats with no clinical background and no idea of how real life affects people! Can't wait for their abolition...can't come too soon in my opinion. You keep fighting Mark !! Good Luck xx

My surgeon agrees with you fully ,he says its so frustrating because when you lose weight it will cost nhs less in the long run too

Well today is a new day and to battle I go first pals to put a complaint in then my local councillor then a letter to my mp and health secretary they won't know what's hit them thanks for all your kind support
Mark

Well today is a new day and to battle I go first pals to put a complaint in then my local councillor then a letter to my mp and health secretary they won't know what's hit them thanks for all your kind support
Mark
good luck Mark :) xxx

Back