• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone else feel like this ????Im feeling sad

emma-louise

my new life!!
Well....
I thought I best come on here as I need to hear from people who like me have had a bypass done.
I'm around 3mths post-op,feeling great but there's something that's bothering me.
I noticed a while ago that I hardly feel hungry so at times I had to remind myself to eat as there's no way I want to be poorly and especially have hairloss.
Now as the weeks have passed I'm actually forgetting to eat as I just don't feel hungry,or getting a sign from my body.
Today I had a little cry as it does bothers me that I no longer feel hungry.
Only because it's not healthy not to eat.
It's like wheres the signal gone to the brain to tell me Hey feed me!! Is it because I no longer have a proper stomach???I don't know what to think.
So today Made a mild chicken curry for tea and had a nice meal.
So honestly...is anyone else feeling like this or have done in the past..
Thanks

I have done but it passes. I'm really hungry at times now so you will get an appetite back.

Make the most of it whilst you can :)

I get like this all the time....I forget to eat if Im busy or out and about. If Im home Im ok because I will eat at set times as I dont want to be poorly either! But I know if Im busy I woould forget. I love the feeling of not being hungry all the time but it could be detrimental if you dont keep an eye on it :D XX

Thanks jacqui and mixxy
I feel a bit daft really as it's the feeling hungry that got me into the mess before I had surgery.
To be honest I'm just confused to how you can go to over eating and now I'm the total opposite.

I'm just worrying..it's not good to feel not hungry but I'm being a good girl with all my meds and tabs.
Just hope I'm not accidentally going to give myself hairloss.
I think Its a bad day today for me PMT..lol

I saw the dietician last week Emma and he said 60-70g protein per day and that should stop you getting hairloss. I do try my very best to get that in every day even though Im not hungry. Maybe set an alarm every couple of hours to remind you to eat something :D XX

Jacqui,
Have u mentioned to chris about not feeling hungry and if it's normal?
I'm going to have to get back on protein shakes,and I hate them they are disgusting.
But I'm so worried about my hair I've noticed more in the sink when brushing it in the morning...I feel just so shitty today x

Yea Chris says it is normal and not to worry. I think most if not all Gastric Bypass patients are the same.....at least for a a while after surgery. Dont worry hun you are normal----ish! ;) XX

Thinking of you Em., sending love and hugs to you as always Angel... my special little Friend... you are very often in my thoughts and never feel on your own....

Take good care xxx

to be honest em, i still do forget to eat, and have to really make myself sometimes, sometimes i just cant face food, but then i was like that sometimes before my surgery, so im used to it, but i do get hungry days, where im hungry all day, and i tend to make up for it then, so it is normal and i think it usually sorts itself out, so dont worry. congrats on brilliant loss so far, big hugs xx

My problem is slightly different, I don't feel hungry during the day and sometimes go until about 4pm before realising I haven't eaten yet if I'm busy. My problem is as soon as I start to eat it then kick starts my appetite and I then can't stop picking all evening.

Well....
I thought I best come on here as I need to hear from people who like me have had a bypass done.
I'm around 3mths post-op,feeling great but there's something that's bothering me.
I noticed a while ago that I hardly feel hungry so at times I had to remind myself to eat as there's no way I want to be poorly and especially have hairloss.
Now as the weeks have passed I'm actually forgetting to eat as I just don't feel hungry,or getting a sign from my body.
Today I had a little cry as it does bothers me that I no longer feel hungry.
Only because it's not healthy not to eat.
It's like wheres the signal gone to the brain to tell me Hey feed me!! Is it because I no longer have a proper stomach???I don't know what to think.
So today Made a mild chicken curry for tea and had a nice meal.
So honestly...is anyone else feeling like this or have done in the past..
Thanks

I was just like that for a while, it passes

i too don't feel hungry at all at the moment and but its not bothering i have my meals roughly the same time each day so i have a patten that suites me i don't eat a lot but i get three meals a day, and I'm making the most of this time to lose the weight i want to shift, but as peeps who are further down the road say the hunger will return and the appetite will come back, me personally i would prefer to stay as i am lol never feel hungry but i know the time will come and i will have to deal with that when it happens but in the meantime i,m gonna use this to get the weight off lol and get into a regular eating patten that i can matain lifelong
steve

Me too Steve, thats how I look at it....make the most of the hunger not being here and use the time to get as much weight as possible off :D Id rather the hunger never come back too....I could live my whole life without ever feeling hungry again ;) Good luck matey :D XX

Don't worry hun. Just try and eat at a normal breakfast time, lunch time and dinner time with 2 snacks in between. If not your body will think you are starving it and try to hold onto any nutrition it gets. I know it's hard but remember you ate not alone in this.

Back