• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone regret telling people

becky2123

I've been feeling lately a bit of regret for telling people about my band.

No ones said anything unkind but sometimes I wish I hadn't told anybody!

I had a few too many glasses of wine and told a girl at work and I don't know if she's told anyone but I'm so mad at myself for telling her!

Someone I considered to be a good friend has kind of distanced themselves from me and I feel she's annoyed at me for losing weight! I think I was her fat friend and now I'm not so fat maybe our relationships changed!? It's a bit sad really!

I remember reading that you can't un tell someone! I wish i had listened to that advise!!
Xxx

I am glad I told some people now. But...... I told one. Friend and regret it because of her connections to my ex husbands family and I'm sure she will tell them

I am off out on a works night out on Friday and am worrying about being big mouthed once I have a drink

I only told my best friend my manager and 1 sister till 1 week before WLS then I told everyone else reason been it a long path from deciding to go for WLS to been on the table and having it and didn't want the watching me/asking endless questions about something I wasn't sure if I was going to get
only a few don't know mostly those on facebook but I will tell them sometime
im glad its out in the open no having to think up stuff and everyone has been so supportive
im sure once it gets out they too will understand why you didn't say anything and if they are friends they will support you
all the best

Like many I've tried a million diets, did Lighterlife a few years back and a really good friend was so hyper critical and derogatory ie you're cheating, and another got annoyed that I was being antisocial that I am not telling anyone this time. Have told my partner and kids, one daughter was frankly vile to me and shouted at me in the street just after I blurted it out. Others have been supportive. I was frankly unprepared on both these occasions for the hostility that I received, my body, my business and quite frankly I'm prepared to fib a bit in the beginning to get people off my back until I feel more confident

I do have days when I think it is my decision,I paid for it and don't give a flying f**k what anyone thinks!!

But them I have days where I feel like I'm being watched and people are waiting to see if I fail!

My husband accused me of lording my weight loss over him! Then made a comment about how I've been given a gift and it's so easy for me! Which we all know it's not it's far from easy! My band doesn't take the chocolate out my hand!

He has since apologised but it's got me down today.

X

I was listening to someone the other day going on about how the "didn't agree" with WLS. I really don't get why it's anyone's business. In my case I am self funding and its going to cost me dear, I don't just have a few grand lying around to fritter it away on a weight loss "cheat". I am bloody desperate, my bp is through the roof and my knees are giving out.....you would think I would be applauded for my determination

I've seen weight loss change so many friendships.
Whether it's somebody has slimmed and become a bit too big headed/ preachy- or a larger friend who is jealous- or a thousand other reasons... unfortunately some friendships aren't made to last.
You've done this for YOU, not them. Forget what they think (easier said than done I know)!

I've been upset with my Mum letting so many people know, I know specific people are going to be keeping an eye on my weight (especially at my sister's wedding) but I'm starting to think; SO WHAT! If my weight is the only thing they have to gossip about then bless them they clearly need to get out more ;)

I am so glad I read through this. Was debating telling the world at large but have decided I am keeping my trap shut. Not telling anyone outside my magic 4 (hubby mum dad sis) about my op, gonna tell everyone I am "being good" ha! Xx

I took leave from work for my op but had some problems and ended up having to take nearly 4 weeks sick. So I told everyone I had a routine op and some complications (not a lie), was gobsmacked when someone who works FOR me started asking some very pointed questions about what I'd had done and why , including "I was wondering whether you'd had a gastric band, well I don't agree with them....blah, blah" Told her very clearly that I wasn't going to discuss my medical issues with anyone, especially her...

Back