• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it only me?

this time last year I went to Boston US. On the way back the women behind me complained because my seat was rocking when I moved. dont need to explain, you all know. To cut a long story short she called me a fat slob. I told her off and I told her she was letting herself down. I had to then put up with her digging her knees into my seat. When I returned home i complained to BA. BA gave me free airmiles for my troubles but it doesn't stop there. I know I should get over it but I am still licking my wounds.

Yes I am angry about this but I still blame myself. It is me who put myself in this position by being so over weight.

That women was wrong to abuse me. This is what prompted me to ask the question Is it just me or am I alone?

Thanks for the replies they have helped me heal.
Oh my god, I can`t believe she actually called u a fat slob!!! What a total and complete utter *****!!! (am i allowed to say that on here ) I think I`d have tried to open the plane door and throw her out lol.
My worst memory was when I was picking up my little girl from nursery and one of the pre schoolers shouted out, " Look at that fat lady ". Then the next time I went in, he said it again this time to his dad who was there picking him up. The dad just laughed and didn`t even tell the boy how rude he was being which I am sure I would have done had it been one of my kids. Needless to say, I avoided nursery after that ( until the boy started school a few months later ) and made my excuses so my husband had to pick up our daughter.
I know kids can be cruel but its the parents fault for not teaching them MANNERS!!!:argh:

thank you for your support.

The women on the plane looked like need was needed a good meal. She was very tall and extremely thin she had been in the bar befor we got on the plane.

I was shocked at her using the word slob. It's not a work I would use to describe anyone. I have cursed her many times since that day. I hope she gets her just deserts. My poor husband has a heart condition and I was worried that he would have an anxiety attack because of her rudeness. He jump up and shouted at her but she didn't care. Even thou I was hurt at her comments I still felt she had let herself down.

I should have reported her to the cabin crew but I knew the plane was full so what could they do.

When I reported her to BA they said she would have been arrested at the airport for such behaviour as they do not tolerate any thing like that.

I just felt ashamed and I blame myself for things like that. I have had a life time of people hurting me because of my weight.

I know when I lost the weight such things didn't happen so I am looking forward to being treated with respect.

Linda,

Thank God you have said goodbye to that guy! What a complete AH. He sure likes to keep you down. I have seen that befor in people, he is a bully.

When you get your WLS he will be sniffing around like a bee around honey. I hope you know what to do!!! There is so much fun ahead of you just waiting to happen. You go girl! Hopefully i wont be far behind you. We can meet up and have a night out, skinny style.

Hi Sarah I had planned on letting him see what he was missing as I walked away from him but I have now revised that to I will send him a photo of the new me and he can go whistle dixie as I have no interest in him at all now....def yes to the night out when we are nice and slim lol...xx

Back