• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really cross...

chubby funster

Just seen a status update on Facebook from a "Friend" who has been watching embarrassing fat bodies. She's apparent annoyed that her taxes and NI are going to pay for people to be fixed, who just need to exercise some will power.

She doesn't know I've had a RNY, as we are not as close as we once were. At one point this particular person got so drunk one evening, the depressive effects of alcohol and a spot of drug taking made her decide to take a whole heap of paracetemol. Which left us rushing to A and E. I am fairly certain but I don't remember complaining that my taxes were treating her! !

She's also had fluctuating weight problems, I would have expected more from her! Rant over!

Argh - its so annoying isnt it?!

We all know someone like this though and usually they are NOT good friends x

Ugh I know, rant away. Well I am claiming back some of my own and hubbies NI contributions.

I am getting ready for the backlash as word spreads around the village. There are some very Anti people about.

I fully agree, I've always worked, even whilst in full time education. Unlike this particular person I might add!! Oooh it makes me rage!!
I've been lucky that everyone has been so supportive (to my face anyway!) That I forget the controversies of this amazing surgery that magically makes you lose weight with no effort... tongue firmly in cheek!

My father,husband and myself have made mahoosive contributions to the nhs and I dont feel one little bit quilty for using it to have my surgery,it will save lots on the cost of meds I would of had without it!
I do begrudge nhs help for people who continue to abuse their bodies and expect the nhs to keep bailing them out.

ha ha it is magic isn't it! My friend who is disabled had a bypass last year which she paid for, so we have already had the 'Well it was good for her as she couldn't get out and exercise, but it shouldn't be done on the NHS.

I have kept mine quite but they will all know soon. You gotta love small villages and their politics!

The only reason is she is jelouse and the green eyed monster is out. Everything in the nhs is budgeted, we don't get a say as too where the money goes. I get really annoyed by these ppl xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

what is so wrong in these peoples lives,that they need to have such strong opinions and issues about others?,,,,seems to me they have no idea about real life,cos if they did,theyd keep their stupid ,unrealistic,hypercritical,remarks to them self , and use their mouths and energy to raise money for cancer research,or childrens charities,,,dont you think its funny that the people who say the most,av the least to say??, sod em, until the rules change,we are entitled to these ops based on our needs and nhs guidelines,,,end of story,so tell ya mate go swivel,,and click the delete a friend button,,,simples! lol

starr said:
what is so wrong in these peoples lives,that they need to have such strong opinions and issues about others?,,,,seems to me they have no idea about real life,cos if they did,theyd keep their stupid ,unrealistic,hypercritical,remarks to them self , and use their mouths and energy to raise money for cancer research,or childrens charities,,,dont you think its funny that the people who say the most,av the least to say??, sod em, until the rules change,we are entitled to these ops based on our needs and nhs guidelines,,,end of story,so tell ya mate go swivel,,and click the delete a friend button,,,simples! lol

I might just do that!!! Oohh some people!!!!!! Thanks x

Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one and if it doesn't agree with yours it stinks.

I can see it from their point of view to be honest (Damn that empathy training LOL) if I hadn't needed WLS I would have probably held the same opinion. Why should the NHS cough up thousands of pounds to do for me what 60% of the population do for themselves in being able to exercise control around food?

When I read of the hundreds of millions spent in supplying methadone for junkies, or treating alcoholics, or smokers, or even immigrants who pay chuff all into the NHS, then I feel the way your friend does about fatties getting WLS.

I guess we all have our own prejudices that influence our opinions so should we really allow the opinions of others to influence how we feel?

I think sometimes people spout off like this without realising the hurt they can cause, they along with a lot of comedians out there feel the need to lash out at any vunerable section of society , to make them feel important and the centre of attention....(vunerable possibly not quite the right word)

Most of us have paid into the system and if you are granted NHS funding you certainly aren't having surgery just for the hell of it...you must really need it.. no PCT has an open cheque book and gives these sorts of money out on a whim.

Interestingly I wonder if "your friend" would have said these things if she knew you'd had the surgery... Now at least you know what her views are and you can decide if she is the sort of friend you wish to associate with..

"Nil desperandum...." etc......Translation Don't let the *******s grind you down!! :)

"Nil desperandum...." etc......Translation Don't let the *******s grind you down!! :)

It's actually Illegitimi non carborundum :D:D:D

another agree to differ moment! lol ,it coughs up thousands because thats what its for ,we pay in and use as and when its deemed we need the services , until the rules change ,thats how it is ,,,,i love the latin,wise words , but i still like the quote by the late wonderful , wise bambi,s mum,!,giggles ,if you cant say something nice ,then dont say nothing at all,,,,maybe ya friend needs to watch the movie !,,,,lol,,,,,,,
oops!, ok ok ,its thumpers mum,so im told ,,,see, from this debate ,i learned something !,heehee

Last edited:
As an old RAF child the phrase in total that they use is
Nil desperandum carburundum illegitami

But it all works!!! :)

I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion except when it clashes.with my own! ;-) tee hee

(And Bambi's Mum ...if you cant say something nice ,then dont say nothing at all...

We love Bambi's Mum.

Bambi's Mum for Prime Minister!

another agree to differ moment! lol ,it coughs up thousands because thats what its for ,we pay in and use as and when its deemed we need the services

It is there to provide health care for those that need it yes that's true, but I can see why someone who has never had a weight problem would see us getting WLS free of charge as wrong. Despite what we might say to the contrary their view that all we have to do is eat less and exercise more and we would lose weight is absolutely right. That is exactly what the gift of WLS does for us. We eat less and those that are serious about it exercise more.

I've never had a problem with drugs, so my view of the best way of dealing with addicts would be very different to someone who is/was an addict. That doesn't make me a bad person (Though I am indeed :D:D) nor should it prevent someone with a different view from mine being my friend.

That's the point I'm failing miserably to make here, just because someone doesn't share my view of the benefits of WLS doesn't mean they are wrong or I am right. It means that they feel differently about it. I wouldn't lose a friend because they feel differently about something, I would tell them my side of the story and agree to differ if they still held the same view.

This woman whether talking through ignorance or prejudice, or even her arse is as entitled to her view as we are to ours.

i agree of course but i was trying to support the person whod been upset by someones remark,if i had been on a ,",i hate fat people getting surgery forum," id av supported her mate ,and no one should lose a mate because they disagree with a point of view ,its called adult conversation and debate,its how we learn and improve ourselves,and in my opinion sometimes the disagreements make relationships better,and more interesting ,xx,,

Just seen a status update on Facebook from a "Friend" who has been watching embarrassing fat bodies. She's apparent annoyed that her taxes and NI are going to pay for people to be fixed, who just need to exercise some will power.

She doesn't know I've had a RNY, as we are not as close as we once were. At one point this particular person got so drunk one evening, the depressive effects of alcohol and a spot of drug taking made her decide to take a whole heap of paracetemol. Which left us rushing to A and E. I am fairly certain but I don't remember complaining that my taxes were treating her! !

She's also had fluctuating weight problems, I would have expected more from her! Rant over!
I think I am just bloody thick skinned cos I say "SOD IT" to everyones negative opinions, we didn't embark on this journey lightly, as for the cost of surgery being met by NHS its a long term investment in our health -as we get healthier we will cost less to look after in the future.
The successive governments we have had waste more money on a daily basis on their own political agendas etc.

I consider the cost of my op well earned and paid for by some of the taxes I have paid (and still pay) over the years I've worked and my new improved health will enable me to work more years and thats probably next 20 years the way things are (if I am ever allowed to retire).

Back