• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does everyone get.....

ditzeeblonde

loose or saggy skin?

Does it make any difference what yr starting size was/is? How much exercise that you do? How much water you drink? How old you are?

Or does everyone get it due to the rapid weightloss? Can it be rectified thru exercise, hydration etc?

Thank you. xxx

I think it is like ageing, some people dont get as many wrinkles as others.

Also I would think how many children you have had, if you have had six children and your skin stretches then you fill it with fat, I would think you are likely to get loose skin.

I am 62 and had 4 children, I will definately have an apron, but I dont think it is gonna be as big as I first thought. Think I will definately have saggy arms but how bad yet I dont know. My boobies had already started to sag and I think they may get trapped under the toilet seat if I am not careful.:eek::eek:

I think you need to think positive and not worry about it too much, obviously you aint gonna luv it, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. Its best to be half full than half empty.

Blimey didnt I waffle.:):)

hahaha ...........mary .you do make me laugh boobs caught under the toilet seat lol...........thats had me sitting here laughing fir about 10 mins ....
ditzee i think unfortunately that question is like the one thats how longs a piece of string , although of course i do think exercise must help alittle xx

i think it really depends how bad your skin is scared with strech marks... they wont go back no matter what you do!

.x.

I think it is like ageing, some people dont get as many wrinkles as others.

Also I would think how many children you have had, if you have had six children and your skin stretches then you fill it with fat, I would think you are likely to get loose skin.

I am 62 and had 4 children, I will definately have an apron, but I dont think it is gonna be as big as I first thought. Think I will definately have saggy arms but how bad yet I dont know. My boobies had already started to sag and I think they may get trapped under the toilet seat if I am not careful.:eek::eek:

I think you need to think positive and not worry about it too much, obviously you aint gonna luv it, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. Its best to be half full than half empty.

Blimey didnt I waffle.:):)

Thats hysterical!! Thanks for your thoughts... it doesn't put me off at all thinking about loose skin, just best to be prepared I reckon! xx

hahaha ...........mary .you do make me laugh boobs caught under the toilet seat lol...........thats had me sitting here laughing fir about 10 mins ....
ditzee i think unfortunately that question is like the one thats how longs a piece of string , although of course i do think exercise must help alittle xx

Definately how longs a piece of string question... interesting to get peoples thoughts tho. Thank you. xx

i think it really depends how bad your skin is scared with strech marks... they wont go back no matter what you do!

.x.

Very true.. can't blame them all on my kids either!! ;)

Oh Mary you made me smile i say i live north of the border but my boobs now def live south of that same border hee hee! I have some loose skin but not as much as i expected my arms and boobs are the worst! I was told that my age 48 was against me as was giving birth to two big babies. xx

Hi Linzi,

I can only speak for myself, but my loose skin is horrendous - much worse than I had expected it would be.

I have been obese for a decade, yo-yoing up and down through various states of obese during that time. I have also had two big babies (nearly 10lb'ers) one by C-section. I have lost just short of 8 stone now with another stone or two to go.

I have horrid bingo wings, deflated "spaniel ear" boobs, saggy skin on my upper tummy above my belly button, a hideous apron that covers most of my privates and saggy skin on my thighs. My weight has been fairly static for about a month, and i know people say you shrink when you are on a stall, but ive seen no improvement in that time.

Like Bee said, I think if you have stretch marks then your skin is less likely to ping back into place.

I hope that I will be able to get NHS plastics, but if not, I would still have my bypass again knowing that my skin would end up in the state it is in now. Loose skin isnt going to kill me.

Hiya i to like sam can only speak for myself my loose skin is also horrendous but really after loosing nearly 20 stone what should i expect. I will throw myself at the mercy of my doctor and pct and hope they will help me in some way. Janey:(

Yep my boobies rest on my knees ( well not quite but I'm sure it won't be long lol). I have started to get the crinkly tum but the bit I really don't like is the saggy inner thighs and bingo wings. I told hubby if he gets cold in the winter he won't need a quilt I'll just put my arm round him cos it will cover his whole body they're that big. I expected to have the baggy skin so it does'nt bother me that much. Just happy to have lost some weight and to feel so much healthier. Everyone's skin differs. Some have such elasticity in their skin that it tightens well and others don't.

Keep your knees warm in the winter though Ladylite!!I will have to kick mine out the way when Ive finished or tuck em in me socks!

Yep... my skin is pretty awful too, and i'm only half way.

Face and neck are ok, arms are bad but ok so long as i dont wave em around, breasts are empty and without a bra i am virtually tripping over them lol. my back is fine , but the worst parts are my lower stomach and legs.
Im 36 and have been super obese for at least 10 years.
BUT thats what magic underwear is for and i wouldnt change a thing, cos what i also got along with my saggy breasts etc: was a life and thats what matters xxx

Two weeks post op and i already have saggy skin... oops no i had it before the op but it was full of fat!

Seriously i know i'm going to have the saggy skin to match the boobs round my waist when my weight loss journey kicks into touch.... It's guaranteed, i've had 3 children ranging in size from 9lb 9oz and 11lb 6oz :)

My 22 yr old asked me about 4 days post op ''won't you get excess skin mom'', i told him ''course i will, but excess skin isn't gonna kill me 20 years before i'm due''!

It's a price we pay for a longer healthier life. And i will be throwing myself at the mercy of my pct and my gp at some point also...

Back