• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried.....

kellbells

Hi all,
I am having a band on Saturday at Dolan park but I'm starting to get nervous. I've been excited up until now. My Pre-op was rushed due to an emergency they had there and I'm not 100% sure or not if I was supposed to go on a Pre-op diet? I didn't worry too much at the time as I didn't see how it would make a difference until I read about the liver having to shrink. I didn't have any info given to me about a diet. My bmi is 36.
I'm getting very worried they're not gonna do the surgery because of this. Does anyone have any experience of this??
Kelly xx

Hi

Don't panic, with a BMI of only 36 you would have only needed to do the pre op for less than a week anyway and probably not at all, my BMI was 40 and I only had to do it for a week and it was down to 36 on the day of surgery and my bypass went without a hitch.

Paul

Thankyou guys, I'm leaving tomorrow but I'll prob call beforehand. So stupid not to realise or think of this before.

Paul is right so relax :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi, my bmi was 33.6 during my consultation two weeks ago and was told that I don't need to go on any pre op diet. Having my band at Dolan Park on Monday (21 May)
Hope this helps,
Kathy :)

Really?? I'm worrying out of my mind. feel like I wanna call someone now and make sure it's ok!! Arghh, just wish it was over with now. Thankyou for the reassurance x

Thanks :) and good luck for yours, keep us posted i'll be thinking of you :) Don't worry about the pre op i've had a look at my books and it seems that if your bmi is 39 or less a pre op diet is not essential as the idea is to reduce the amount of fat around the liver to reduce it's size (not to shrink the liver as such) to make access to the stomach easier but if your bmi is 39 or lower your liver won't have much fat around it. Relax and enjoy the ride as they say!! :)

Good luck for Saturday, I'm sure it will all go well for you,
And good luck to you too Spud for Monday.
Hope you both have pain free and speedy recoveries.
Em xxxxxx

Thankyou spud for that information, very kind of you to look at your book. I shall keep you all posted! Thanks for your wishes too em xx

good luck for saturday,i wouldnt worry about it..my bmi was 47 pre op and i also didnt have to do any pre op diet and the surgery went well,they said my liver was perfect xx

Just spoken to a really lovely nurse called Jo at dp who told me I don't need to worry at all!!!! She said my bmi is low enough not to do the Pre-op diet. Thank god!
Now I need to get ready to go as I'm leaving at 12!
Thanks all for your advice and support xx

Because my date was changed so many times I didnt get a chance to do the pre-op diet for my gastic sleeve and my bmi was around 50- so dont worry :)

Good luck Kellbells! You'll be there by now, counting down. Keep us up to date, hope you have a problem & pain free Op x

Good luck n try and relax keeps your blood pressure stable, you should be fine not long now. xx

Back