• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dog ears after tummy tuck

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Hi all
Well my tummy tuck was done 3 weeks ago and I had my post op appointment today.
The wound has nearly healed just got a small piece about 2cms that is being stubborn just weeping a bit but no infection.:(
My scar has been tucked away under dressings for nearly 3 weeks but when I braved it and took it off I am a bit disappointed. It's not a very neat scar (my open bypass was neater) it looks like piece of thick cord.:sigh:
I have also got really bad dog ears (one side is a lot worse than the other)
Due to my surgeon being very reluctant to do my op in the first place, I thought I would have a fight getting him to operate again.:mad:
Well you could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw his very nice understudy who said no problem we will see you in 6 months and if they are no better we will just have you in and sort those dog ears out :eek::D

Lets just hope that when I go back in 6 months that they haven't change their mind

Poor you, but at least the surgeon recognises they may be a problem, good luck xx

What a shame Wendy. Who is your consultant and where did you have your op? You've had no luck whatsoever with your tt you poor thing
xx

Wendy you may be supprised how they improve over the next 6 months - I have to say I thought the same when I had mine, I was a bit annoyed they had not done a nice straight line and why had they left me with two dog ears! However they improved hugely over the follow 6 months and by 5 years the scar has almost become invisable, which supprised me as I got bigger I thought it was going to almost stretch and become more obvious ! xx

You will still be very swollen inside, Wendy, making the scar look more livid. i bet it is fine by the time you go for your next appointment, honey :) My dog ears are in a whole other place :D :p :rolleyes: xxx

Yes I am still very swollen had a hernia repair at the same time so quiet a bit of mesh in there as well LOL
I did say to hubby I could live with the one side but the other has got like an upside down pocket of skin
I have taken some photos and might put them up when I feel brave enough :D

lamornamiss said:
Hi all
Well my tummy tuck was done 3 weeks ago and I had my post op appointment today.
The wound has nearly healed just got a small piece about 2cms that is being stubborn just weeping a bit but no infection.:(
My scar has been tucked away under dressings for nearly 3 weeks but when I braved it and took it off I am a bit disappointed. It's not a very neat scar (my open bypass was neater) it looks like piece of thick cord.:sigh:
I have also got really bad dog ears (one side is a lot worse than the other)
Due to my surgeon being very reluctant to do my op in the first place, I thought I would have a fight getting him to operate again.:mad:
Well you could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw his very nice understudy who said no problem we will see you in 6 months and if they are no better we will just have you in and sort those dog ears out :eek::D

Lets just hope that when I go back in 6 months that they haven't change their mind

So glad they're happy to sort it out for you xXx

I had a breat reduction about 10 years ago and I still have little dog ears. The improved massively but they're still there.
As they shrunk I decided to live with them (plus I'd gone private and couldn't really justify the cost of a second surgery). You might find in 6 months that once they've settle ddown with the rest of your scar tissue they aren't too bad.
Good luck hun. Almost forgot.. I was told good supportive underwear can help them settle.
xx

I hope that most of it will settle but I've got a feeling that the one side will defo need sorting.:sigh:
As for the support garments.... cycle short style pants for 24/7 for the next 4 to 6 months :rolleyes: :D

lamornamiss said:
I hope that most of it will settle but I've got a feeling that the one side will defo need sorting.:sigh:
As for the support garments.... cycle short style pants for 24/7 for the next 4 to 6 months :rolleyes: :D

Sexy!!! Lol

Hope you heal well soon lovely. Glad you have at least some support in your corner for possible secondary surgery :)

Give it some time to settle hun, my huge hystorectomy scar had 67 clips and goes hip to hip but 7 years and its faded and the dog ears i had have gone so enjoy the cycling shorts and the sleek look with your clothes on hun it will look amazing !!!! xxxxxxxxx

Back