• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Doing it all wrong!!

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
I'm just putting this out there -need a kick up the backside!

I'm almost 7 weeks post-op, am on a normal diet now. Have not had any dumping or sickness, but I can't believe I haven't!

I eat too quickly still, even though I try to be slow; I don't chew my food 20 times, and I've discovered how carb dependant I was. Also, portions are prob too big!

I really didn't want to get hung up on counting/measuring, weighing everything.
Thing is the weight is still coming off well. My dietitian said my aim should be to be able to eat half a tuna/sweetcorn sandwich after 6 months - well I could do that now!

Just felt I needed to offload on here - feel free to kick me!!:)

Varies according to my day, yesterday,

Tea
lunch - tuna mayo and cucumber roll, only ate bottom half of roll
dinner - cod filet in light peppery crumb, cauliflower cheese (2 tablespoons)
supper - some tinned peaches
before bed - options hot choc

Today

Tea
latte
half small wrap with salad and chicken drumstick 11.00am
same again at 3
dinner - prob salad,and 2 ryvita with philly

This does not seem wrong or too much to me, to be honest, just surprised you can have bread... I am still struggling with it in that it hits my stomach like led and it's way too heavy for me.

Hi carrie
At the end of the day you've lost 52lbs so you canna be doing it wrong. Long as your team are happy with your progress and you're feeling well, I can't see a problem.

I'm only 2 weeks post op but haven't had any sickness/dumping and have tried lots of new foods and textures in the last few days but I have had some pain after I ate something too quick which knocked me off my feet for a bit. Think we are all different and our bodies react in different ways. :)

Carrie Iam well over 2 years out and have never been sick. Dumped a few times. We are all different in what we can eat. Aslong as your losing I wouldn't worry. The only thing I would say is up your fluids.

Carrie I am like you. I can eat pretty much everything and I have only had one episode of dumping. I can eat bread, pasta, rice and noodles easily and I too seem to be quite carb dependant which is annoying. However, like you my weight is still coming off slowly. We are all different. My dietician says he has seen people with both bypasses and sleeves who can't even tolerate a mouthful if bread and there are others who manage it fine. We are all different and if whatever you are doing is working for you, then keep doing it xxx

Thanks all - that has put my mind at rest, and I'm being very good today! and yes, def need to up my fluids. Thanks xx

I am over a year out and oddly at the beginning I could eat quite a lot of stuff, now I am lucky if I can manage half a sandwich its worked in reverse for me!!!

Back