• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woohoo - I have done it.

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well after getting fed up with just losing one pound then putting half on etc, I decided to go back on fluids for a week, well to be honest I got fed up with it and managed 3 days, so went for a 15 mile bike ride yesterday and also upped my fluids a lot and got weight today, which is my normal weighing day and lost 7lb much to my surprise which takes me to 18.8 stone, which is almost 10 stone loss, I think I might cry when I get to 10 stone lol

So here's the thing, I think I have worked out that weekends I am extra good, however when I am working out and about (sales manager), a little of my old habits kick in (boredom eating).

Now although I am not grabbing a burger and chips every day, I am still grabbing a latte a couple of times a day and then maybe not grabbing the right food choices.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself, I don't know, but like all of us on here, I never want to go back to being the old Gary. lol

Sorry for the long post.

well done Gary youy are doing amazingly, every time you have a small slip you pull yourself straight back up again, very impressive mate, and inspiration :) xxx

Fantastic Gary x

at least u are able to reconise where u might be going wrong and are able to make the correct choices where before when u mite have just said oh well done it now

Gary.

I shouldn't worry about a long post mate....I could read about your commitment and weight loss stories all day long.
How you are is where i wish to be at some stage in my life...and hopefully it won't be too long now before i have my first appointment so i can take it all in.

You're an inspiration mate & i for one will continue to read your posts.

Congratulations mate

Take Care

Andy

Last edited:
yes, i agree gary you have come so far and you are realising were you are going wrong grabbing a coffee here and there and that filling you up.
as for the bike riding you are good at that and i do whish you luck with that i have been on the b.o.s.p.a web site and donated.
i too hope to get on a bike again we have loads of bike paths in the wirral around the beaches and parks. xxx

Might have a little cry with you when you get to 10 stone loss. Maybe over a skinny latte?

Wow!! You are a real inspiration!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

wahoo_well_done_card-p137577720806848057q6k5_400.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Gary, I was the same with the lattes so have now swapped to cappacino (less milk) and ask for it dry (which means its more foamy and therefore less milk) - so I'm only using it as a drink and not a meal.

nothing wrong with the 'old gary' just a bonus to have newer healthier gary. your doing amazingly well and truly are an insperation to those waiting for surgery.

Well dun Gary :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Gary you are amazing, i do not think that you could never be like the old Gary. You will power has inspired me everytime that I see you avatar, photos is like please I want to perserve just like him. I am very sure that you will achieve your weight goal. Thanks very much for sharing it with us.

Aw Gary sweetheart ... I am sooo happy for you, you really are a star at this weight loss malarkie ... you will slip down the chimney so easily this year xxx :D

Well done Gary, fantastic news both the weight loss & the self evaluation helping you realise where you have been slipping in the extra calories without realising at the time.
I think despite our commitment to this new life it's a steep learning curve & sometimes we make the wrong choices without realising, but at the same time we learn from them & correct them far more readily than we did before surgery. Realising our success is in our hands & a slip or two won't mean we return to old habits permanently, as we are much more aware of them & prepared to work hard to beat them into submission. I doubt we will ever be free of them but oh so much stronger & able to control them rather than them is.
Keep up the brilliant efforts on all fronts.

Back