• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its seems i am doing it all wrong

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and gals.

Well stone the crows the dietician called me back:eek::eek::eek:
and she told me that I am eating waaaaaay tooooooo much......... I told her What I have eaten today (which is as follows) one waffle and 1/4 tin of beans for brekkie, and for lunch I had one small jacket spud (minus the skin) and when I mean small I mean fit in the palm of ya hand small and that was just on its own .

I have had 1 tea and one coffee and about 2 litres of water so far today..................I mean I aint a long term bander or nowt but this doesnt seem very much and the dietician stated that I should be eating half of that ( her words was your eating too much) I am hoping someone more experienced will enlighten me, perhaps I am eating too much. But she did agree with me that I need another fill and will look into when I can be booked in and in the meantime restrain myself:( I mean they make it sound like I am eating tons and I dont eat till I feel full , like this morning (waffle & beans) I could have easily eaten 2 of them but I didnt just cooked the one and I was hungry afterwards as well....:rolleyes: Looking forward to finding out if its me thats doing it all wrong......I even been using an additional tool to make sure I dont over do me calories and I always eating within my limits

Ty in advance for any words of wisdom.......Julie xx

Julie,

I had the same problem as you - don't worry we all go there until the band fill is at its optimum.
I got there with my second band fill and have lost 5.5lbs in a week. you will be on your way with the next fill x

Im not a bander, Im barely a bypasser lol but that doesnt seem like a lot to me. There will be someone who knows more along soon XX

Hi there,

All I can say is that you may be eating too many carb based foods. Try for proteins instead, like ham, chicken, fish or cheese.

Did she give you guidelines to what quantities you should now eat?

She sounds a bit wishy washy to me....

Hi there,

All I can say is that you may be eating too many carb based foods. Try for proteins instead, like ham, chicken, fish or cheese.

Did she give you guidelines to what quantities you should now eat?

She sounds a bit wishy washy to me....

All she sed was that I was eating way too much and I should be eating half of what I am eating, but like this morning for instance I should be eating half a waffle and half of a quarter of beans :eek:...I am just worried that If I eat too little I start to get the shakes like I have not eaten at all and I dont wanna be ill........Have taken on board about carbs xx

I have just worked out the calories of what she is advising (approx)

1/2 a waffle - 50 cals
1/8 of a tin - 85 calories
1/2 jacket spud - 65 calories

so if you imagine doubling this up to take in account an evening meal that would only make

400 calories for the whole day!!!!!!!!

You need better advice than this....you will get ill eating that low an amount.

You should be almost 3-4 times that to burn fat effectively but of the right kind of foods.

Shame on her....:mad::mad::mad:

Give me that womans job lol, shes getting paying for waffling, pardon the pun !!!

i was once told at WEIGHTWATCHERS, to lose weight you have to eat...sounds a weird one, but it's true, the basic science of it is eat less calories than you consume, and you'll lose weight, in theory, yes indeedee, but this doesn't factor in the human body, when you starve it, it becomes very efficient at storing what it gets shoved in, and burns the bare minimum to get by, ie, starvation mode, so you need to keep the calories up, i agree with Caz, this dietician sounds like she has no idea, and i also agree, that you should limit the carbs and increase the protein, your body can convert protein into energy no problem, and most carbs, bar fruit(fructose) and dairy(lactose) are not really much cop for ya ;)

Hi, I had my band 3 June.

I gained a 1lb this week, I know why I havent been eating good things and havent been to the gym cause I felt really ill.

But when I was being good I was losing about 1lb a week.

1 weetabix

3 crispbreads with cottage cheese, wafer thin ham tomato and cucumber

Chicken breast or pork chop, 3 - 4 small boiled new potatoes carrots and sprouts. (I put this on a side plate otherwise I get carried away)

My dietician says this is too much, but I'm not eating to the point that I literally feel full to the brim, I have done and didnt like the sensation so I just dont eat to that point.

I have had one 2ml fill, have an appointment for middle of November for the next one.

Mells it sounds like your dietician is making it up as she goes along as well, that is not much to eat at all!!!

Below 1000 cals is definate starvation mode and it doesn't look like you are even having that..
I really don't get how some of these people get away with telling people to eat so little...you can be overweight and malnourished and as the others have said, your body will just hang on tighter to anything you put in your mouth and you will feel lousy.

I'm shocked she said that you're eating too much. For goodness sake you eat less that you are and you may as well not bother at all.

I think that was her easy get out of helping you.

Could you request to see another dietician?

Mells it sounds like your dietician is making it up as she goes along as well, that is not much to eat at all!!!

Below 1000 cals is definate starvation mode and it doesn't look like you are even having that..
I really don't get how some of these people get away with telling people to eat so little...you can be overweight and malnourished and as the others have said, your body will just hang on tighter to anything you put in your mouth and you will feel lousy.

I turned up with an honest food diary and it wasnt really looked at. I think that they assume that if your not losing what they think you should lose then you are lying about what you eat. When I said I was hungry all the time she suggested I stick to raw vegetables like salad because they take longer to digest. Yey if I loved salad I wouldnt have needed the band. I really am trying and dont get me wrong I'm over the moon about my lose so far, but this is definately NOT the easy way to lose weight. I'm just glad I found this site.

Hiya Guys and gals.

Well stone the crows the dietician called me back:eek::eek::eek: and she told me that I am eating waaaaaay tooooooo much......... I told her What I have eaten today (which is as follows) one waffle and 1/4 tin of beans for brekkie, and for lunch I had one small jacket spud (minus the skin) and when I mean small I mean fit in the palm of ya hand small and that was just on its own .

I have had 1 tea and one coffee and about 2 litres of water so far today..................I mean I aint a long term bander or nowt but this doesnt seem very much and the dietician stated that I should be eating half of that ( her words was your eating too much) I am hoping someone more experienced will enlighten me, perhaps I am eating too much. But she did agree with me that I need another fill and will look into when I can be booked in and in the meantime restrain myself:( I mean they make it sound like I am eating tons and I dont eat till I feel full , like this morning (waffle & beans) I could have easily eaten 2 of them but I didnt just cooked the one and I was hungry afterwards as well....:rolleyes: Looking forward to finding out if its me thats doing it all wrong......I even been using an additional tool to make sure I dont over do me calories and I always eating within my limits

Ty in advance for any words of wisdom.......Julie xx

Hi Julie its really hard isnt it, sometimes I wonder if its just I havent got my head around it all yet. Good luck xx

this is similiar to what I am being told. My dietician says the food you eat at one meal should fit into half of a pint glass cos that the maximum size of the pouch. I worry loads that I am stretching mine and that will be my next problem. If I ate that much i would be starving. Most of my meal after the protein is vegetables but I am trying to work on the portion size ready for my first fill on Thursday.
Still lost 2lbs again this week tho so must be doing something right?
I think you shoud just use your own common sense and not let this woman stress you out
Loads of love
Jo XX

Back