• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dolan Park tomorrow

brollie

Hi, is anyone going to Dolan Park tomorrow, I have to be there for 7am to have gastric band, excited but nervous too!

I was there on Friday for my band, very impressed with everyone there! Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi I had my Gastric band done there 3 weeks ago yesterday. I was nervous but excited too. Place is lovely and staff are ever so nice, cannot fault them. Good luck and honestly it is not half as bad as you are probably expecting it to be :)
See you on the banders bench soon ;)

Thank you, I have been pleased with them throughout, Sandra the nurse has been so encouraging as I have had to reduce my weight considerably to get under the 50BMI and had to postpone twice as didn't quite make it!
How are you getting on, do you have to inject yourself with heparin?
Take care, and good luck with your weight loss xx

Bella'sBand said:
Hi I had my Gastric band done there 3 weeks ago yesterday. I was nervous but excited too. Place is lovely and staff are ever so nice, cannot fault them. Good luck and honestly it is not half as bad as you are probably expecting it to be :)
See you on the banders bench soon ;)

How long was it till you started to get back to normal bella? I'm struggling as I normally sleep on my front n obviously I have to sleep on my back n I just wondered how long it will be till I feel "normal" again lol xxx

Hi Lockers I would say I felt myself after 7 days. I was lucky I did not have any gas pain at all. Now 3 weeks out I feel the same as before the op. Only issue is with some soar scar sites. Not healing very well but that is just me. I still cannot sleep on my left side which is really annoying as I hate sleeping on my back which at the moment I can only sleep on my right side or back. I have not tried sleeping on my tummy but I am imagining it would not be too comfortable, for me at least.
I have an empty 14ml band and am waiting for my first fill in the middle of August so I may feel different then. But as of this moment I feel great :)
I even got on the bike today did 3.88 miles woo hoo! I can eat and drink no problem no chest or shoulder pain, no restriciton but I am still following a calorie controlled diet. Jo, Mazza and Flutterby all suggested myfitnesspal and it is great, does all the carbs, fat, protien for you, tells you what you have left for the day. It really is worth checking out. I am loving it :)

Back