• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Consultation Tomorrow

the hoss

hi everyone, very glad i found this forum, some very inspirational stories on here. I am off to see consultant tomorrow in Cardiff for gastric band surgery at Dolan Park.....excited!!!! :flirt2:

Good luck, keep posting.

thanks for the welcome,i had consultation today met my surgeon is Mr David Hewin, all booked for 23rd August 2013, have to start low calorie diet immediately as surgery only 13 days away... sooooo excited!!

hi everyone, very glad i found this forum, some very inspirational stories on here. I am off to see consultant tomorrow in Cardiff for gastric band surgery at Dolan Park.....excited!!!! :flirt2:
Appointment went well now on 1000 calorie diet ready for surgery 23.8.13...very excited!!

Nightmare

:cry:Well, after being fully inspired by you all with weight loss pics etc etc, i have had a terrible start to the week!! Was called yesterday with an apology from the post op nurse as my notes werent passed to her in time for my original appt on friday, she then told me i needed the all clear from my gp in writing for the operation due to an illness 6yrs ago which nobody had asked me for at my consultation even though i discussed it with both surgeon and co ordinator....have contacted gp today requested letter which the reception said would possibly be done for thursday, then had call at 5pm from co ordinator to say surgery is cancelled for friday as mr hewin had me and another on his list and the other lady has cancelled and seems they dont travel just for one.. i may be able to change to mr el-hasani but wont know until tomorrow, if he accepts me i can go on his list for saturday....so stressed its unbelieveable....this isnt on NHS this is PRIVATE via hospital group....sorry but had to rant somewhere:cry::cry::cry:

Oh that's awful. I hope they sort it out for you, and you can have the op on Saturday.
What a fiasco, I don't blame you for ranting! x

How horrible... hope it all gets sorted for you... All the best hun...x

I know its not want u want to hear but Dr el hasani is a fantastic surgeon (he did my band) everything happens for a reason, you will get there x x

Sorry you had a bad start but it will be worth it. I was banded in may and nearly 2 stone down since op. chin up x

Back