• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THG, Dolan Park, 3 August

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi folks, anyone else at Dolan Park on 3 August? I am being banded by Dr Surrgudssen (sure that is misspelt!). If you are, how is your pre-op diet going and are you happy with Dolan Park so far?Tracey

Same surgeon and same place but I am this Friday..... had a phone call this morning to say check in 9am and oooo I am excited and scared! Good Luck with your op :) and pre op diet... had a bit of a wobble but lost about 10lbs pre op :)

Good luck!! Hope all goes well, adding you as friend if that's okay - perhaps keep in touch on progress. Tx

Hi Tracey
How are you doing with Pre op??
I had my band yesterday with mr s all went well... Went down after 10 and woke up by 11 ... Home yesterday evening. You will be just fine the staff are wonderful. I have a bit of wind pain in my shoulder just feels like pulled muscle, actually surgery wounds are fine:)

Let me know how you are doing xx

Hiya. Congratulations on your op, pleased it went so well and you are back at home. Preop diet okay. Opted for protein, no carbs and under 1000 cals a day. Lost about 6lbs so far with 5 days to go before surgery so hopefully that will be enough. Just swinging backwards and forwards between excitement and terror at the moment LOL, but we have taken a couple of days away in Hereford with our youngest who is 13. We have a touring caravan as one our our sons does endure motocross (well that s our excuse anyway!). The worst bit was when the fish and chip van visited on Friday - I would have swapped both husband and child for battered cod, chips and peas! I will keep you informend, I really appreciate the chance to chat n here - some people look at you like you are an alien if you mention gastric band. I have gone from adecision of openess to deciding to tell folk on a strictly need to know basis. Update you soon, keep me posted n your progress. Tracey xxx

You dud well to resist and Pre op diet is hard and I remember the week before my op my head was all over the place... I think that's pretty normal it would be odd not to question and rest yourself..... If I had to do it again I would stay overnight as nausea etc didn't really kick in till day after op... But despite having felt pretty ropey I still wouldn't swap it... Everyone is different and I guess its about changing life style... Little sacrifices now will all help later :) (that's what am telling myself!!!) also had a follow up call from THG having rung them twice in the night so support is fantastic :)

hi tracey.. hope the pre op going ok. . ive just returned home from dolan park this morn 31/7/12. after having banding by mr p super..on the 30/7/12,, dolan park is fabulous and certainly look after you..
i jumped in on a late cancelation, off a matter off less then a couple off weeks. i just eaten healthy without calorie control..and lost bout 6lb before surgury.. now home and the liquid fun starts.

How are you feeling Tony? I was banded last Friday at DP and am feeling pretty good at the moment....fingers crossed it tays that way!

Thanks folks - keep us updated Tony & Caroline - I just want it to arrive now!! 2 more sleeps left. Lol!

Back