• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't panic! Don't panic! New surgery date - only 1 week to go.

angelica13 said:
Oh, I've just looked that up - I want one! :D

I bought it quite a few years ago and mainly used it to make ice-cream milk shakes *blushes*

It wasn't that bad to be honest. I had chicken from tesco, mainly barbecue and sweet chilli chunky chicken pieces, Black pudding, fromage Frai mixed with Cadbury Highlights, sugar free tesco angel delight stuff, custard, kippers, fish in sauce, mince and gravy, prawns, crab sticks, aunt Bessie's mash potato patties and and even puréed fish fingers, so quite a lot of variety really. I just found it a pain to blend everything. It is a lot easier just being able to chew stuff now:) Today I had a half fat sausage and a poached egg for lunch.

Wow you did vary it a lot! I like the idea of fromage frais and highlights mmmmm x

Woohoo Newcy. good luck. If you've a wilkinsons near you, they sell tiny plastic pots (I've stocked up already and not been approved yet lol) xx

Best wishes, Newcy -- you have had a long wait for your op date -- only 7 days now -- woohoo !!!

Thank you - only 6 days now!

I think I'm in shock that it's really happening - I'm far too calm lol x

newcy said:
Wow you did vary it a lot! I like the idea of fromage frais and highlights mmmmm x

Yeah, I do get bored really easily. Today, I had extra lean mince, a 25g dumpling and some honey roasted parsnips. Gorgeous! I was very worried about food after the op, but it has been a lot easier than I initially thought.

Hoping your pre-op diet is going well, just keep your eye on the prize.:)

Ooh that sounds lovely!

I'm very jealous - now on day 3 of pre-op but it's going really well. I have a slight headache which doesn't want to go away but I'm managing the diet just fine. I think I prefer it as it's so rigid! x

I'm sure you will find that it gets much better after day 3 :)

Woo hoo! The headache has finally gone - does that mean I'm ketosis?

This is the easiest diet I've ever done as I know exactly what I can and can't have x

well done keep going nearly there:D

newcy said:
Woo hoo! The headache has finally gone - does that mean I'm ketosis?

This is the easiest diet I've ever done as I know exactly what I can and can't have x

Yeah, same here. I really love milk, so wasn't a problem for me either. Day 3 is the day you enter ketosis, which is why you don't feel hungry anymore. Just make sure that you are drinking plenty of water:)

That's a good point, I'm not sure I am getting enough water - going to fill a sports bottle and have it next to me all day tomorrow.

I had my pre-op assessment today and everything went swimmingly. So long as there are no issues with my bloods and swabs then it will be all systems go on Sat x

I'm half packed - dressing gown, slippers and a book but not thought about what clothes I'm wearing yet. I've bought toiletries, windeze etc so need to sort my bag today.

I'm going to try to not pack the way I normally do for holidays - staying up all night ironing, packing etc as I don't want to be stressed out. So far still no nerves.... x

Lots and lots of luck for Saturday.
Em xxxx

That is great news newcy. Bet ya really excited.. good-luck hunny x

Yeah Newcy will be thinking about you tomorrow, am off out in an hour to my bible study so probably not get to talk after that so hope all goes well for you, n you have a speedy recovery. think the best thing to take is a little mp3 player, i just couldnt concentrate on reading, took soduko as well no good only fit to listen to music. Hope you get to read your book if not can read it when you are recuperating at home take care xx

That is great news newcy. Bet ya really excited.. good-luck hunny x

Thanks Caraline - I am so excited, I feel like it's Christmas x

Yeah Newcy will be thinking about you tomorrow, am off out in an hour to my bible study so probably not get to talk after that so hope all goes well for you, n you have a speedy recovery. think the best thing to take is a little mp3 player, i just couldnt concentrate on reading, took soduko as well no good only fit to listen to music. Hope you get to read your book if not can read it when you are recuperating at home take care xx

I had planned on taking one but forgot all about it - I'll try to get it sorted in the morning.

Thanks a lot, I hope things go well for your Mum's op x

Back