• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My tummy tuck.

Buttonmoons

Thought I'd add my little story to let people know how mine went! :)

My TT was done on the Nhs due to massive weight loss (I used to be 19 stone) and Im around 11'ish now - they did my TT with my bmi of 28 - Im never gonna be stick thin, my bones are too chunky :p

So, they rang me during my presentation at college on the 9th of May to say they had a place for the 16th, I had to be admitted the 15th of May - my 1st thought was - OMG my driving test is the 15th - will you let me out to do it? They did! and I passed! Hahaha.

Initially I was put in a private room but I got moved out of that the next day before surgery, my operation was done about 2pm = I think! They came for me about 1/1:30.

The stuff they inject you with before the anthestetic is amazing, I'd like some of that at home hah, I asked her to tell the surgeon to do my thighs but he never lmao. I remember lying there laughing my head off telling her that I could outlast her 20 second countdown when she put the anthestic in - I cant remember getting past 17 - I guess I lost that bet.

Now this is the weird part - I am SO sure I woke up in surgery, I don't think during the op.....but I remember bolting up into a sitting position with lights all around me and being on a black mattress/bed. Next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery - My stomach was on fire, that's the only way I can describe it, and it was from the stuff they wash your wound with I think - they gave me an injection of 10mg of morphine, which then made me feel sick and hot!

Was taken back up to the ward, I had no catheter in, but I had a pap with morphine, I think that's what it's called. My friend came to visit, I remember trying to throw malteasers in his mouth and that's about it - he sent me a picture of me lying in bed - which I can't remember posing for - what a mess lmao!!

Next morning they took my morphine drip off me as I wasn't using enough of it and put me straight onto the amazing con-coction of paracetmols and ibuprofen - oh wow lol. TBH I wasn't in pain, I didn't think it was that bad, the worst part I experieced was a sore back from walking like a hunchback!

I didnt have a catheter so used a commode during the night, took a while to get the pee out!

There was a lovely woman on my ward who I was chatting too but I ended up demanding to be moved which did not favour me to the nurses - some of them are really horrid!! Basically there was an elderly woman who obviously had some cognitive issues going on, but she kept molesting herself in full frontal view of my 7 year old daughter, she'd start raving about my fan being on, she'd sit and swear at me for having it on, despite the fact she kept everyone up in the ward till 5am with her insessisant scratching and squeaking of the bed - I woke up on the Sat night with her face over mine and drool hanging out her mouth - that was it - I screamed like mad, demanded to be moved or I was leaving. They moved me.

I understand the woman had issues but she was scaring the life out of me and the molesting of herself was just too much.

I got to leave on the Tues although they werent wanting me too as my drains were still taking out a fair bit of fluid, and now 4 weeks on, I have a seroma on the left side, which I've been getting aspirated every week, but the volume is going down!

My incision opened on the right side in about 6 places, spitting stitches. That happened about 2 weeks ago. Scar will be slightly wider there, but hey ho! They are healing fine :)

It's 4 weeks now, and I'm now driving, I don't think I'd of been able to beforehand, new driver + lack of confidence + felt like I was going to burst when I sneezed = Doubt I could safely emergency stop lol.

I haven't had any painkillers bar some paracetmol and ibuprofen in hospital since the day after my op. Im not a big fan of painkillers at the best of times though as they make me feel nauseous so anything stronger I wasn't really up for taking.

So all in all - it was a success - hardly any pain - more just backache the first week or so. I managed to catch up in college and have passed everything (Im doing nursing funnily enough!) and looking forward to going abroad in August and not having to cover up and swear to death because I'm ashamaed of my stomach.

My surgeon was fantastic, super hot too haha, but last week was his last day, he's moving to Rio to work in a private cosmetic clinic (butt implants ahoy) so glad I got his expert hand first!

I'll post some pics when I do some after ones, with the seroma making my belly lopsided looking I hadn't bothered with an after one yet, but I'll be drained tomorrow so I'll grab one then!

Holy crap!! That woman would have scared the life out of me. Remind me what hospital it was again!! I sincerely hope it's not the one I'm at next week. Trying to avoid hospital horror stories now as I am getting a bit anxious. This time next week I may well be in theatre. Eeeekk!!

Hubbie has the cold from hell at the moment so I am using Vicks First Defence like its going out of fashion and frantically hand washing and using anti-bac hand gel. He is banished to the spare bedroom at the moment. Crap timing but I cannot afford to get it as my hotel is all paid for (no refunds) and we now have a temp in to cover me at work.

Thanks for posting ur story it's made me feel a lot better as I'm really scared of the pain.
U were well within ur rights to be demanded to be moved that woman should have been in a private room and kept an eye on by the sounds of it!!
I go in for my op on the 18th of July and dreading it :(
It's my birthday 2 and a bit weeks after my surgery. Do u think il be up to doing much? Me and my other half were thinking of going away for a night but wasn't sure how I'd be.
Looking forward to seeing ur pics and hearing more news. Take care xx

That was Aberdeen hospital Sue, She's out of hospital though, I had the pleasure of listening to her in the bed next to me in the dressings clinic!! You're safe if it's that one :)

Fingers crossed you dont get the cold hun, I think as long as your lungs are clear they will do it - just kick him out the house for a few days :p

Hope - I would say you'd be up to going away for a night! I escaped hospital and went home to chill with my daughter and watch TV 3 days after my op :D Went back lol, just timed it well with visiting hours ;)

I went back into college 2 weeks after surgery and was at work a week after (altho I work on the computer from home so not hard!) I had to go back to college as it was near the end and I had presentations to do to pass my modules - I was fine for it :) You are just a little bit slower standing upright but you'll find your limitations, backache! That's the most annoying part. Only lasts about a week.

Excellent post thanks x

That woman would have scared me half to death too!!!!!! Looking forward to the pics x

Back