• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dont you just love it, NOT

sugga

Hi all, been to gym again this morning and im shattered now lol I try to burn about 400 cals off each time i go but its hard work. I really dread going but realise that it going to be for a very long time if I want to tone up after my op.
Does any of the post oppers who go the gym know how long after surgery ill have to stay away. I was thinking that maybe 2 weeks after my op i might be able to walk on the treadmill because all the other machinery consists of putting pressure on the tummy area. Any ideas. Thanks all x

my surgeon and anethatist said after my op ive got to keep walking to stop blood clots and that so i should imagine some very gentle walking on a treadmill will do you good post op so long as you dont over do it, little but often i think! xxxxx

Ive done an hour on the wii fit plus today and i feel alot better for it too! keep it up hun xxx

well done you for your commitement to wl and the gym pat on the back for you x

hiya
i asked my team how soon i can join a gym, and she said as soon as i am completely pain free.
I still had a niggle now and again up to about 2 weeks ago on the site that was the deepest and had the most work done. So i joined a gym week 7, but i could have done it the week before i just didnt have the guts!

I'm not sure of the recommendation on post op... but I know we have a great opportunity pre op to get toned up and to feel better prior to our surgery...

Good luck and I'm happy to wait since I'm trying to help myself before the surgery date arrives....

I'm beginning to feel that exercise is addictive!

Who would ever believe they'd hear me say that in my home circle? But it's true....

Good luck and much love xxx

I'm beginning to feel that exercise is addictive! Who would ever believe they'd hear me say that in my home circle? But it's true.... [/QUOTE said:
Good for you Bev! Its a healthy addiction to have, hope i become addicted :) xxx

Good for you Bev! Its a healthy addiction to have, hope i become addicted :) xxx

You may find this difficult to believe but I have at least two friends who have a very unhealthy addiction to exercise! Taken to extremes, like anything, it can cause lasting damage!

You may find this difficult to believe but I have at least two friends who have a very unhealthy addiction to exercise! Taken to extremes, like anything, it can cause lasting damage!

O gosh right. I meant it has a joke though to become really addictive. I just meant i hope i will love exercising. Hope i haven't caused offense to anybody xxx

No I'm really looking forward to exercising too. No offense to me at all, but I think anyone needs to be careful not to get addicted.

My surgeon said to wait 4 weeks before doing a workout at the gym but that gentle walking could be done as soon as I am up out of bed. Exercise can be addictive because it releases the pheramones (sp) that give you a sense of wellbeing. I know a very severe anorexic who uses exercise to stop her putting on any weight - she has to eat in front of her family but she goes straight to the gym and works out for about 4 hours so she can maintain zero calories - I don't know how she has the energy as she is stick thin so, yes it definitely can be used the wrong way - but I think for us who have had surgery and want to lose weight it really does help with toning up as you lose weight and can reduce the skin sagging. Well done with the workout - I can say from personal experience that it gets easier and easier as you lose weight

In all honesty i think this is the best answer for you:

Next time you go to be tortured during a workout, pop and see the admin team and ask if they can suspend your membership for at least 6 weeks till you've had your first post op appointment and your surgeon says you can exercise. The reasons why? You are paying for something you can't use and you can walk up and down your street and surrounding areas for nothing. You won't feel like the world and it's mother are watching you wondering why you are walking slowly and using nothing else either... Just a thought xxx

Thanks for your advise. I only do a month by month membership so when i have a date for my op i will pay daily after that. Im certainly not addicted to excercise lol dont think i ever will be to honest, but even though i feel good after it leaves me shattered for the day. I cant wait to start losing post op because it will get better as i lose weight wont it? Thanks for your reply x

Back