• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve Pre-op fitness

Badgerpink

I don't at this moment know how long my date will be, all I have is within 12 months sooooo...... Last Monday I joined the gym and I am absolutely loving it ?!!!.... Ok so for the first few days I was a bit ropey, the treadmill and I don't seem to like each other I get terrible shin pain so I do around 10 mins on 3% incline at 5.0kpm a enraging around 85-95 cal .... Followed by 30 min on cross trainer which I love, going hell for leather well, at some points anyway I can burn around 400 cals in this time. Then 10 mins on rowing machine can't get a accurate reading on this but I'm guessing around 150 cals then I do different resistant training not really found what I enjoy yet but still try new things each time. Then starting this week after around a hour in the gym I'll be following with a swim I did half an hour today 30 lengths of breast stroke. Hope to keep this up and increase slowly. Food wise I'm doing ok but not as good as I should I'm kinda famished after the work outs but I'm finding low carb a little easier to cope with the hunger as I can eat protein and feel satiated. Well in a week I lost 9 pound so we shall see how this all goes I'm quite excited . This pic is of when I started last week so I can see how well I'm doing ?

Attachments

• image-3665757760.jpg
    image-3665757760.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 128
Glad you are enjoying the gym, but don't overdo it too much! Make sure you get a fitness routine that works well with the rest of your life, or you may tire of it. If you get injured by doing too much too soon you'll have to rest and that can be dispiriting. Adding resistance training is good, that and the high protein diet will help maintain your muscle mass during weight loss and help your metabolism. Hope you get your date soon.

Back