• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dukan pre-op diet?

Adorabelle

Hello Gals and Guys,
As you're probably aware of by now, I am French, so I've been bombarded with the Dr Dukan diet for quite a while now. For those who don't know, it's a ketosis based diet: you only eat lean proteins and non starchy vegetables; no cream, no pasta, no tubers, no sugar, you get the picture. Since I HATE milk and milk based products, do you think it could be an appropriate pre-op diet? It does deplete the liver of its glycogen reserves and causes a quick and massive weight loss if well followed.What is your opinion / experience about this?

Last edited:
I don't think it's a good idea to do the Dukan diet for pre op as it is quite a high fat diet. Fat stores as glycogen in your liver if you don't burn it off. The whole point of the pre op diet is to deplete your liver of its glycogen stores so, it's small enough to be moved out of the way during surgery. It's not about losing weight, that's just a pleasant side effect.

There are lots of other pre op diets you can do not just milk. It may be worth doing a bit more research and finding one that's low cal/low carb, or just ask on here :)

Hi. Someone may have the Sunderland diet 2 which is low carb but meat allowed diet, this maybe best for you x

I was a fan of the Dukan diet, living in France and being encouraged by my GP to folllow this plan as he was a friend of Dr Dukan lol.
I would say that as long as you removed the cheese element or used something like Bridelight then this would be a good plan to follow for your pre-op.
Good luck x

One of my British friend actually works for Dr Dukan in Paris (not that I get any discount on the plan lol!). It will be easier for me to follow a "real food" diet as I have to cook meals for my familly. I also do not want my co workers to wonder why, all of a sudden, I'm eating yogurts or whatever instead of a real meal. My parner and you guys are the only ones to know about my surgery!
So I'll go "modified" Dukan from now on, with lean meats and veggies. I'm not that keen on cheese anywayz :)

Back