• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Driving

Donna R

Hi,

Im wondering when it will be ok for me to drive, if anyone would take the time to answer these questions i would be very gratefull

1. Did you have open or keyhole surgery
2. How soon after did you drive
3. Did you contact your car insurance or have a letter to confirm that you were ok to drive.

Thanks in advance

i was bypassed key hole
drove after 2 weeks, made sure I could do an emergency stop without any probs, no I didnt inform my insurance company but thats was off my own head

1. Did you have open or keyhole surgery - I had keyhole

2. How soon after did you drive - I was about 16 days out (was advised to wait at least 2 weeks but didn't feel comfortable enough until 16 days out)

3. Did you contact your car insurance or have a letter to confirm that you were ok to drive - I phoned my insurers to ask if they had a policy but they said as soon as the surgeon/GP said I was okwas fine by them.

I made Hubby take me out & do an emergency stop first, I figured if it didn't hurt when he did it I would be fine too!

1. Open

2. Around 6 weeks

3. I phoned my insurance co. them and they were guided by the hospital who had advised (albeit verbally) who said - 'As long as you are comfortable doing an emergency stop.'

Not informing your insurance co. of any risks may invalidate your policy.

Oooh my op was the same say as yours and I was told SIX WEEKS so I'm thrilled that sounds like poppycock!!

Hi,

Im wondering when it will be ok for me to drive, if anyone would take the time to answer these questions i would be very gratefull

1. Did you have open or keyhole surgery
2. How soon after did you drive
3. Did you contact your car insurance or have a letter to confirm that you were ok to drive.

Thanks in advance

1. I had keyhole surgery
2. 5 days as I was never told by my surgeon how long to leave it & was looked at as if I had 2 heads when I asked the question in hospital. I felt okay to drive & did so, although it was only a short distance.
3. Yes & my insurance said as long as I felt okay to drive & was able to do an emergency stop.

Hope this helps

Hi,

I had keyhole surgery and drove after about 7 days, as soon as I was comfortable. When I had my c section which is i presume a little bit more like open I was told by my insurance company that I could drive as soon as I felt comfortable performing an emergency stop so i waited a good few weeks as I was quite sore. I found it frustrating though.

1. Did you have open or keyhole surgery?
2. How soon after did you drive?
3. Did you contact your car insurance or have a letter to confirm that you were ok to drive?
Thanks in advance

1. Keyhole
2. 6 days
3. Yes contacted my insurance company & they said they would be guided by me/my Dr, spoke to my GP & she ok'd me for work & for driving

1. keyhole
2. 2 weeks
3. nope just made sure i was comfortable with the belt position and that i could do emergancy stop if needed.

I had keyhole surgery and in my info pack it said that I could drive after 2wks if everything was fine.

I phoned the insurance company who said that they were happy as long as the doctor was. I haven't driven yet as one of my portals is oozing and gaping a bit and worried what might happen if I had to do an emergency stop.

I do know someone who didn't inform her insurance company following surgery and had an accident. Her company made her insurance nul and void because she had not told them. So beware.

Rebirthxx

Donna i was open (as you know lol), i drove 2 weeks post op and did this after doing the emergency stop theory, however what you also need to bear in mind is are you able to turn/twist comfortably to check for traffic at junctions/roundabouts etc.... I only went local and no i didn't tell my insurance xx

Back